`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Diamond Die-Cuts..To Peel or Not to Peel??

Topps Diamond Die-Cuts..To Peel or Not to Peel??
What's everyone doing with their Diamond Die-Cuts?? Are the majority peeling off the protective layer or keeping it on??

Mine came with the protective layers all bubbling and looking awful...
[Image: arod.gif]

RE: Topps Diamond Die-Cuts..To Peel or Not to Peel??
(06-23-2011, 08:33 AM)arod1973 Wrote: What's everyone doing with their Diamond Die-Cuts?? Are the majority peeling off the protective layer or keeping it on??

i have two die cuts and havent had that problem and mine didnt come with a protective layer. i would try to contact topps and have them replace it.

(06-23-2011, 08:33 AM)arod1973 Wrote: What's everyone doing with their Diamond Die-Cuts?? Are the majority peeling off the protective layer or keeping it on??

UMMMM "protective layer" means it is there for a reason, to protect the card.Why would you want to remove something that is protecting it,lol

Because mine's just for me, and not for trade or for sale, I took the protective layer off of it and immediately stuck it in a hard magnet case because you're right: that bubbling of the protective layer looks kind of bad. I imagine that if you're trying to sell/trade you might want to leave it on, but if it's for your PC, do with it as you like.

*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(06-23-2011, 10:37 AM)dbacks08 Wrote: Because mine's just for me, and not for trade or for sale, I took the protective layer off of it and immediately stuck it in a hard magnet case because you're right: that bubbling of the protective layer looks kind of bad. I imagine that if you're trying to sell/trade you might want to leave it on, but if it's for your PC, do with it as you like.
What kind of magnet case did you use? I tried to put mine in a magnet put they wouldnt fit because of the weird die cut..they were too tight in the magnets...

[Image: arod.gif]

(06-23-2011, 09:24 AM)hurricanfff Wrote: UMMMM "protective layer" means it is there for a reason, to protect the card.Why would you want to remove something that is protecting it,lol
You should see the cards, you might change your mind. They look horrible with it on
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

if it is just for you do whatever makes you happy - as long as you know that it really hurts the value and still are ok with it -cool
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney