`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Someone Explain To Me Why Online Pricing Is This Incomplete?

RE: Can Someone Explain To Me Why Online Pricing Is This Incomplete?
(06-27-2011, 08:36 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: I would imagine they have every player ranked and set a base price for the set and multiply it by the players rank then adjust it to reflect how the players cards are selling. That is why they have price breakdowns for commons, semi-stars, unlisted stars, and stars. This way they only have to track prices for the most active cards in the set.

Ray
So you are saying in your own way Beckett sets prices .........
The common, semi star, and star break down is to help people determine just that. If a player is a common or a star. If you are new to the hobby pick up a magazine it is made clear for you on what you have.

It's not a made up price that beckett picks out of thin air. Lets make all commons in this set 40 cents...

(06-27-2011, 08:46 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: So you are saying in your own way Beckett sets prices .........
The common, semi star, and star break down is to help people determine just that. If a player is a common or a star. If you are new to the hobby pick up a magazine it is made clear for you on what you have.

It's not a made up price that beckett picks out of thin air. Lets make all commons in this set 40 cents...
it isnt just based on sales, but also on the prior set base prices, price point for MSRP, etc

(06-27-2011, 08:46 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: So you are saying in your own way Beckett sets prices .........

It's only a way to group the players together so they don't have to track every player in every set. A player classified as a common is a common in all sets until such time that there is increased interest in that player. I never said anything about setting prices only that they would be set as a group depending on what the cards are selling for.

Ray

(06-27-2011, 09:59 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: It's only a way to group the players together so they don't have to track every player in every set. A player classified as a common is a common in all sets until such time that there is increased interest in that player. I never said anything about setting prices only that they would be set as a group depending on what the cards are selling for.

Ray
I don't understand then HOW this answers the OP's Question.
Auto's don't use multipliers so that doesn't explain why you explained that either.

2 diff. auto's of 2 diff. players. Has nothing to do with common or stars.
Because some auto's have a common and a star.