`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Here's my point

RE: Here's my point
I pretty much still consider myself a newbie. 300+ posts and 150+ trades hasn't really gotten people here to know me. Still working my way into the "crowd". Don't collect high end cards. My pc is Eagles player autos. Except for a few and I mean very few players it doesn't get more low end than that.

I must say that everyone I have dealt with has treated me fair and with respect. Not all trades go perfectly. Its part of trading. I've had a few that I couldn't believe didn't get done and was disappointed and a majority go through that I was thrilled with. Gotten some great cards for my pc.

I recently posted my Eagles pc and took a few jabs from the Giants and Cowboy collectors. I loved it! Being the only sports fan in the house (3 daughters and a wife) I use this site as my get-away perfect world where everyone collects cards and loves sports. Keeps me sane.

I agree with all that respect is earned and the more time you spend on the site the more people get to know you. I'm trying to post more and even have been keeping list of what people collect. Some day I hope to have vet status.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(06-21-2011, 04:54 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Maybe im reading this wrong but it kinda sounds like some people putting down " high enders " just because they have higher end cards. not all people with high end cards have a my collection is better than yours because its worth more attitude. I will also say that when i was new and pretty much still am new i was not disrespected but i was not what you would consider one of the group or whatever, i understood that i was new and unknown. to think that you can just come in and be part of any certain group of members in my opinion is crazy. trust and respect is something you have to earn from others its not something you should just expect to be given.
Not at all, biglump, my beliefs wont allow it lol A good man is a good man and a weasel is a weasel...They come in all shapes, sizes, and w/ diff bank accounts..Im just wanting the negative attitudes and posts to end! Its crazy!
SO, No disrespect to Hi-Enders, Low-Enders, or in betwe-enders! I invite anyone anytime to shoot me an offer, or a pm just to shoot it! Thanks y'all time and respect..
One thing for sure...this is one way to shed some light on the good people here! You're the best, Beckett!!
(06-21-2011, 05:03 PM)nickfromcwe Wrote: I would have to agree with this. I don't think I have really seen anyone get straight out dissed as a new member. I think the members have been very fair on here. I sent first for the first several trades, though I can say that the first trade I made, the trader I made it with sent with me at the same time. It made me feel very welcome.

As far as being part of the group goes... it's a mixed bag IMO. I don't really feel like I'm a part of a group here, but I'm not upset about it either. There's a few members I have done deals with more than a few occassions. I have met and had conversations with a lot of great people. Members have really looked out and allowed me to understand a hobby that had evolved greatly since I stopped collecting in 1998 in my teenage years. I come here to trade to get cards I want, and to help other get cards they want. Do I make a deal every time a trade is proposed? No. Do members always work with me to get what I want? No. Am I mad about it? No. Bottom line is this is a great place, again IMO, to get together with a group of people and try to help each other out and make this hobby more enjoyable.

I am still a new member here, or wait , junior member now I think, but I have learned a lot about things over the time I have traded. My advice: don't worry about being in a group. Just have fun and enjoy the hobby!
Well said, Nick!
Thx for the post!
Wow, ok, NOW I'm being misunderstood...o well, everything is gonna be alright...For the record, I have no prob w/ any collector. We all in it for the same reason.. GOD BLESS
[Image: rj11bannercopy.jpg]

*Feel free to PM me if you're looking to buy/trade cards of your fav players/teams.*
Let's Work A Deal! Thanks, Collection Nation! -RJ- Thanks, jkiddlridnour! Great Banner!

(06-21-2011, 06:45 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: But, my good list is SO LONG that I have to go back through it sometimes to remember who it is that collects what so that I can surprise them sometime!
Hope you remember me from that LONG list Kel Big Grin

(06-21-2011, 08:01 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Though there are still some high-enders who are snobs on all the boards (not saying all are, I know a couple on the basketball boards who are great guys), there are not as many as there where before the beta site came on. Trust me, there were high-end snobs who woudl put you down for posting a fleer retai lbox box break. Me being me, I quickly - and politely - put them in their place when they started attacking a newer member who posted his 2006 hoops retail break ( I think it was hoops at least). After the set went to the beta form, those guys left and haven't been back. But unfortunately, there are still those around who are snobs. Then again, there are some low-enders who are also snobs.
Hell yea! Now that's awesome! Thank you for being a true collector!
[Image: rj11bannercopy.jpg]

*Feel free to PM me if you're looking to buy/trade cards of your fav players/teams.*
Let's Work A Deal! Thanks, Collection Nation! -RJ- Thanks, jkiddlridnour! Great Banner!

(06-21-2011, 08:19 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: Hope you remember me from that LONG list Kel Big Grin
[Image: laughs9.gif]

Yep, girl, I am going to remember how you snatched that Maclin unrivaled patch auto right out of my greasy little fingers...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I would just like to say that I know where your coming from and if you wish to "fit in" strike up a convo with me anytime I will never try and make anyone feel unwelcome. I was once a newbie and I understand where your coming from. I used to have an all base/inserts collection but I now have a pretty high end collection ranging from everything you could imagine but I havent changed as a person and I treat those with a low end collection and the high end collection equally. Hopefully you start to fit in a little more and if not i apologize for others rudeness.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

(06-21-2011, 09:16 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: I would just like to say that I know where your coming from and if you wish to "fit in" strike up a convo with me anytime I will never try and make anyone feel unwelcome. I was once a newbie and I understand where your coming from. I used to have an all base/inserts collection but I now have a pretty high end collection ranging from everything you could imagine but I havent changed as a person and I treat those with a low end collection and the high end collection equally. Hopefully you start to fit in a little more and if not i apologize for others rudeness.
Most everyone here is like that Whodey, I sure wouldn't hang out wi'chas if you were a bunch of nincompoops...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(06-21-2011, 09:06 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: [Image: laughs9.gif]

Yep, girl, I am going to remember how you snatched that Maclin unrivaled patch auto right out of my greasy little fingers...
But girl it was such a pretty patch. I couldn't help my greedy little self.

"My name is Teresa. I am addicted to auto patches. I have been sober for 0 days and dream colored patches and sigs ALL THE TIME. I think I need some help."

Hell I been here 2 years and still am not a part of the group lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I still don't know how to fit in with the cool kids here.
I'm guilty of forgetting to get back to people all the time, when construction season hits I've got #%*^ for brains after 5:30, lol. Not trying to be rude, just forgot to be polite. Smile
Hang in there sport. Most of of here are just a bunch of grown up kids who still like to collect, trade, and show off pieces of cardboard.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]