`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Here's my point

RE: Here's my point
(06-21-2011, 05:12 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Just one more quick point here and thats to say that some of those high enders that are kinda being put down because they can afford some higher end cards. well some of those people send out some pretty high end cards for free.
You are one my best buds on here but this high end group is a mixed bag as i heard someone else use. There are some great ones here and you and I both know who most of them are but there a bunch of new people that fit into this category as well that wont even answer a pm and thet expect to fit in and be treated with respect and be trusted. That will not happen, if you cant answer a pm, you are automatically on the "do not" list. Doesnt matter to me what kind of cards you have either.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(06-21-2011, 05:50 PM)jncdrew Wrote: You are one my best buds on here but this high end group is a mixed bag as i heard someone else use. There are some great ones here and you and I both know who most of them are but there a bunch of new people that fit into this category as well that wont even answer a pm and thet expect to fit in and be treated with respect and be trusted. That will not happen, if you cant answer a pm, you are automatically on the "do not" list. Doesnt matter to me what kind of cards you have either.
i can agree with that as i know several people who are high enders or consider themselves high enders that wont talk to me you or anyone else wont answer a pm or answer a thread post by someone unless they think that person has something they want, i see it all the time. but there is also people who have high end cards and who trade high end that will talk to anyone at anytime so to lump all into one bracket is wrong. i mean i have a few high end cards and trade a few high end here and there so according to some opinions im a bad person.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Actually I would like to apologize to high enders in here I'm sorry my head is off need to get to sleep before work the high enders I have trouble with are in Baseball the football ones are actually nice again sorry

(06-21-2011, 05:58 PM)biglump007 Wrote: i can agree with that as i know several people who are high enders or consider themselves high enders that wont talk to me you or anyone else wont answer a pm or answer a thread post by someone unless they think that person has something they want, i see it all the time. but there is also people who have high end cards and who trade high end that will talk to anyone at anytime so to lump all into one bracket is wrong. i mean i have a few high end cards and trade a few high end here and there so according to some opinions im a bad person.
Lumpy, nobody is calling you a bad person, and if they do, send them my way!

You and the others are right, we cannot group people together like that. What we do is (jncdrew will agree) is we live and learn-how we are treated by certain members is then recorded/remembered/ or what have you (ignore lists for some) and then adjusted to accordingly. I have a yuk-list that has 2 people on it. They will forever be on it. But, my good list is SO LONG that I have to go back through it sometimes to remember who it is that collects what so that I can surprise them sometime!

This place is my connection space and I appreciate someoftha buddies that I have met & traded with and/or just shot the bull with.

Newbies who want to be a part of this place, if you just get involved, post in the discussions whether or not you are trading, it will earn you points and of course, the new member status will wear off fast! Look how fast Rogue got going-it's because he chatted and became involved.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

[quote='koolkellygirl' pid='1590340' dateline='1308692147']
I'm not a high-end collector, and even if I had a job, I wouldn't be a high ender. I like what I have and I love to trade. I always welcome the newbies and I never turn down a deal just because the person is new here. That being said, I don't deal with the "deal grabbers", I collect, I don't deal, and the people I most trade with are the collectors. I find that we are a much nicer buncha hooligans.

Bunch o' hooligans, eh? I call shenanigans!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(06-21-2011, 04:08 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: I know one thing for sure this has to be the absolute best thread in the history of beckett!!
Haa!! That's absolutely wonderful! Thanks, Deuce! I was hoping it came out inoffensive. Seems it did! Sweet!
Thanks guys! The great comments mean a whole lot! God Bless!

[Image: rj11bannercopy.jpg]

*Feel free to PM me if you're looking to buy/trade cards of your fav players/teams.*
Let's Work A Deal! Thanks, Collection Nation! -RJ- Thanks, jkiddlridnour! Great Banner!

edited .....

(06-21-2011, 04:19 PM)pbean Wrote: I'm going to guard my words carefully, but since Day 1 joining here 2 years ago we have always felt welcome by the membership, everyone has interacted with us in a kind, friendly, open manner and over the years we have forged some tremendous friendships here ..... did it take a week/month ..... no, it took time.

Beckett members are some of the kindest, most generous folks we have ever met ..... look at all the freebie threads, look at the good that comes to so many members new and old ..... I don't know what you're reading but if you look through the main forum, there is nothing but great threads about great members imho

Will folks trade with you off the bat ..... probably not, especially if you're looking a mid to high end, sometimes you need to build a reputation before folks will ship their cards 1000 miles away ..... that's just good common sense.

Will traders deal lower end, base rc's, inserts etc ..... yes, there are tons of members here who love to build up their team/player collections ..... heck I send out more $20 trades than $200 trades, and I know about 40 others here that do the same.

Some collectors have been fortunate enough to have amassed some PC's that are simply mind boggling, many of them have been collecting for 15-20 years, so it's easy to see that they may have big $$$ cards and will want to do big $$$ trades ..... that's the same on any forum out there.

My advice ..... spend some time getting to know the membership here before you judge them, find some folks that will trade for what you need, and don't "try to look for the best deal" ..... trade BV to BV, player for player, plain and simple.

Spend some time helping others, interact with them within the main forum and build your relationships and the rest will fall in place.

There are many newbies here who I feel like we've been old friends for years ..... and there are some that may rub me the wrong way ..... it's a public forum, we're not all going to get along, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the best football forum on the world wide web Smile

pbean
Agreed 100%..I was hoping I didnt get taken out of context lol
The thread was actually a reply to a thread of guys arguing and bad-mouthing members and by the time I finished my post, the mod deleted the thread! lol So I said, I wont waste all that time just to delete it...So I started another one and I tell you what, I dont regret it..Love, peace, & Chicken grease!~

(06-21-2011, 04:35 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I'm not a high-end collector, and even if I had a job, I wouldn't be a high ender. I like what I have and I love to trade. I always welcome the newbies and I never turn down a deal just because the person is new here. That being said, I don't deal with the "deal grabbers", I collect, I don't deal, and the people I most trade with are the collectors. I find that we are a much nicer buncha hooligans.

[Image: BlueMischevious.jpg]
Thats awesome! See, I never dreamed I would sell ANY cards. I was just adding cards to seperate player collections of whatever cards I could pull. Then, when I thought I had to sell I realised, heck, I can keep and build my Saints collection, & sell the rest(If Possible)
All in all, Im a VERRY easy going guy! To a fault, actually. Pls dont mistake me as complaining, I was actually replying to a thread that make me gremiss! There are threads and posts that every now and then make me scratch my head and wonder how in the world did they take that time to type the post, probably read it over AND post nonsense anyway lol I just thought I would put my 2cents in the matter. I too am a mid/low ender and consider myself v easy to get along with..So, Dont take me wrong, guys N gurls!! I LOVEE YALL!! ;P

*Feel free to PM me if you're looking to buy/trade cards of your fav players/teams.*
Let's Work A Deal! Thanks, Collection Nation! -RJ- Thanks, jkiddlridnour! Great Banner!

Though there are still some high-enders who are snobs on all the boards (not saying all are, I know a couple on the basketball boards who are great guys), there are not as many as there where before the beta site came on. Trust me, there were high-end snobs who woudl put you down for posting a fleer retai lbox box break. Me being me, I quickly - and politely - put them in their place when they started attacking a newer member who posted his 2006 hoops retail break ( I think it was hoops at least). After the set went to the beta form, those guys left and haven't been back. But unfortunately, there are still those around who are snobs. Then again, there are some low-enders who are also snobs.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-21-2011, 04:37 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Aw, c'mon, do I scare you?

[Image: scaryface.gif]
hahaha! KICKA$$! lol