`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do old becketts have any value to them?

RE: do old becketts have any value to them?
Ive held on to my old beckett issues for years i still have the 1st beckett monthly baseball priceguide if my memory serves me it had either dwight gooden or don mattingly on the cover always hoped these issues would start to be appriciated by collectors but never seemed to take hold in the hobby

I still love looking at my 89-92 becketts and seeing my cards having "value" Tongue

Fun to see a leaf David Justice for $20.00 or some of those "error" cards listed for $100.00

How about some of the first serial number cards listed out of /10,000 with values in the hundreds!

you can get any of these cards for a few dollars "mostly shipping" now, but what a feeling right?
X

(06-21-2011, 01:25 PM)jasonmj Wrote: I still love looking at my 89-92 becketts and seeing my cards having "value" Tongue

Fun to see a leaf David Justice for $20.00 or some of those "error" cards listed for $100.00

How about some of the first serial number cards listed out of /10,000 with values in the hundreds!

you can get any of these cards for a few dollars "mostly shipping" now, but what a feeling right?
I do the same thing. Love to see the simplicity back then. My Eric Davis 1985 Topps card used to be $20. Wow.
(06-20-2011, 07:06 PM)philliesguy Wrote: If its an "event used dog correctional tool" would it have more value?
This is my favorite use.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

If anyone has the first issue of the baseball beckett, I'd be willing to buy it.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(06-20-2011, 08:29 PM)011873 Wrote: Monetary value is next to nothing, the true value is in the hobby history they tell.
I bought some at a garge sell a few weeks ago. It has been fun to go back over the 80s- 90s baseball becketts.

I like history and they are valuable to me for just the historic info they contain.

I would assume player collectors like me would want them for whoever is on the cover. If I didnt already have these I'd ask you for em. If people just threw them away, I wouldnt have these as part of my collection.

[Image: SCD%20Price%20Guide%20February%201992.jpg][Image: Beckett%20February%201992%20Back.jpg]
[Image: Beckett%20September%201994.jpg][Image: Beckett%20March%201997%20Inside%20Cover.jpg]
[Image: Beckett%20Inside%20Cover%201998.jpg][Image: Beckett%20September%201999.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

(06-20-2011, 07:06 PM)philliesguy Wrote: If its an "event used dog correctional tool" would it have more value?
Naw it was probably a manufactured one anyways.
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

I have probably every issue from 1992 through 2000....I would get them in the mail in their plastic protected covering and would try not to read every article at once so I could stretch it out over the whole month....my family also new not to bend my Beckett's ! I tried to keep them in great condition, not because of any value, but they meant a lot to me. I followed baseball very closely and could just about predict who would have the up arrows every month. It was about the only lifeline I had to card collecting pre-internet. Man, those were the days....I don't even give the current incarnation of Beckett Baseball a second thought.
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]