`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed

Advice needed
Ok, so as some of you know I'm trying to build a great Pat Devlin collection...but I'm a poor college student with limited funds. I really want to make a run at the superfractor, but here's the thing, Devlin wasn't drafted. I'm just not quite sure what to do here, because my money is very tight right now and I wouldn't be able to buy anything else for a while if I got the super. What do you guys think?

Thanks
-Nate

RE: Advice needed
(06-20-2011, 08:02 AM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: Ok, so as some of you know I'm trying to build a great Pat Devlin collection...but I'm a poor college student with limited funds. I really want to make a run at the superfractor, but here's the thing, Devlin wasn't drafted. I'm just not quite sure what to do here, because my money is very tight right now and I wouldn't be able to buy anything else for a while if I got the super. What do you guys think?

Thanks
-Nate
it's "cardboard" of a undrafted player, not a great "investment" imho ..... right now in life you have greater priorities than worrying about how you're gonna pay for a 1/1 superfractor of a player who may not have a decent future in the NFL ..... there will be many more opportunities to acquire cards like this in your future Smile

(06-20-2011, 08:16 AM)pbean Wrote: it's "cardboard" of a undrafted player, not a great "investment" imho ..... right now in life you have greater priorities than worrying about how you're gonna pay for a 1/1 superfractor of a player who may not have a decent future in the NFL ..... there will be many more opportunities to acquire cards like this in your future Smile
That's what I'm leaning towards. I could get a box of something instead mybe, I haven't busted a box of football yet

Well the checklist for Topps Platinum doesn't have a Pat Devlin card, so it's a great possibility that Topps Finest won't have one either, and therefore no Superfractor 1/1. There's only 35 rookies in the Finest set, 50 in the Platinum, and he's not in the Platinum - so you're decision may be made a lot easier Tongue. Keep an eye out for the rookies TBD and the updated checklist.....then worry.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(06-20-2011, 09:03 AM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Well the checklist for Topps Platinum doesn't have a Pat Devlin card, so it's a great possibility that Topps Finest won't have one either, and therefore no Superfractor 1/1. There's only 35 rookies in the Finest set, 50 in the Platinum, and he's not in the Platinum - so you're decision may be made a lot easier Tongue. Keep an eye out for the rookies TBD and the updated checklist.....then worry.
saw his link, it's for a Leaf 1/1 advertised as a "superfractor" ..... honestly wouldn't put up that kind of money for a 1/1 of a "sub-brand" imho ..... if it was a Topps Finest or a Topps Chrome I would consider it a neat card to have Smile

When it comes to 1/1's of a player... if you do not buy it when you can.... you may never get it... If its a situation buy this or buy something else, buy what you like before wax. If its buy this or eat... Eat.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Priorities. I am also a poor college student. I would love to improve my pretty weak collection, but I know that it wouldnt be wise of me to do so. I just keep telling myself that once I finish college and get a legit job, there will be plenty of time to buy cards.

If I were you, I would hold off on the super.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox