`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BGS Group Submissions: Would you be interested if we could?

RE: BGS Group Submissions: Would you be interested if we could?
Ok, so I found out return shipping from Beckett will not be free because it's a discounted order. He said it's cheaper to get the discounted order than getting the free shipping at full price a card. (and it is like $160+ cheaper). It's $32 for ground fees, $70 for 2 day return shipping, and $100 for next day air. So, the question is, would you rather add $0.32 per card, $0.70 per card, or $1.00 per card (which shipping method do you want)? We all would have to come to an agreement on this because the whole lot ships at the same time. Me, personally, do not care if it's ground. Taking my example from above of 13 cards, here is what I'm thinking:

Price for cards (13) = $91.00

Price for Autographs (4) = $4.00

Insurance to Beckett (Declared value of $400) = $3.20

Return shipping from Beckett = ($4.16 Ground, $9.10 2 Day, $13.00 Next Day)

Return shipping from me = $7.95

Delivery Confirmation (optional) = $0.80

Insurance from me (optional) = $5.00 (guessing, never had anything insured)

Ground Total (w/ Insurance and Delivery Confirmation) = $116.11
Ground Total (w/ Delivery Confirmation) = $111.11
Ground Total (w/ Insurance) = $115.31
2 Day Total (w/ Insurance and Delivery Confirmation) = $121.05
2 Day Total (w/ Delivery Confirmation) = $116.05
2 Day Total (w/ Insurance) = $120.25
Next Day Total (w/ Insurance and Delivery Confirmation) = $124.95
Next Day Total (w/ Delivery Confirmation) = $119.95
Next Day Total (w/ Insurance) = $124.15

If I were to send 13 cards by myself, it would be:

$11 a card = $143
Autographs = $4
Insurance to Beckett = $8
Return Shipping from Beckett = $14, $26, $46
Total = $169.00 (Ground), $181.00 (2 Day), $201.00 (Next Day)

So here's what you'd save:

Worst case with Ground: $116.11/$169.00 = 31.3% off
Worst case with 2 Day: $121.05/$181.00 = 33.1% off
Worst case with Next Day: $124.95/$201.00 = 37.84% off

Also, if you're wondering how I did the insurance, I did the following:

My declared value is $400. It's $8 for every $1000 declared value. $400/$1000 = .4. .4 * $8 = $3.20. When you declare your values, I'd like you to round to the nearest $100. That's $0.80 insurance (to Beckett) for each $100. And don't do it per card, do it on the lot. So if you have 10 cards, I don't want you to think each one (if you value each one under $100) is $0.80. If your total declared value of the cards is $300, then you'd pay $2.40 in insurance (to Beckett). I'll have to determine insurance rates from USPS so I can calculate return insurance (from me to you). So, since your value may be cheaper, you may save more. I may have to chip in some money for insurance (to Beckett) because we won't hit the thousands on the head, but it shouldn't be much. It'll be worth it. Also, that $7.95 is because of there being 13 cards (not sure if it will fit or not, have to check), but if you have 5-8 cards it'll be $4.95 and if you have fewer than that, I'm not sure what to do. Would you be ok with a bubble mailer? Thanks everyone for reading all of this. Sorry if this is getting confusing. I'll unconfuse it this weekend.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Its not too confusing. Think you will figure out and make changes after the first one or two shipments to get all the bugs worked out.
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

the money i'd save on the group submission i'll probably end up spending on aspirins, lol

(06-18-2011, 02:42 PM)folkertino Wrote: the money i'd save on the group submission i'll probably end up spending on aspirins, lol
+1 seriously dont over think this. Make it one way then work out the bugs after the first try. We aren't sending a rocket to space, just cards to Texas.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(06-18-2011, 09:09 PM)quavis Wrote: +1 seriously dont over think this. Make it one way then work out the bugs after the first try. We aren't sending a rocket to space, just cards to Texas.
lol. I have made it a little easier already, in my test thread on the test forum, I'm trying to perfect it before I throw it out there. Check it out and see if it is easier. Smile

(06-19-2011, 10:45 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: lol. I have made it a little easier already, in my test thread on the test forum, I'm trying to perfect it before I throw it out there. Check it out and see if it is easier. Smile
i checked it out, looks great. So it will be started in august?

(06-19-2011, 12:37 PM)TangoVictorMike Wrote: i checked it out, looks great. So it will be started in august?
That's what I'm thinking. Things have been a little rough at home and I'm hoping some things are taken care of by then.

(06-18-2011, 09:09 PM)quavis Wrote: seriously dont over think this. Make it one way then work out the bugs after the first try. We aren't sending a rocket to space, just cards to Texas.
+1

I'd be interested as well. Great idea actually. There's no way I'd be able to submit cards every month though. Even with the deal I wouldn't be able to afford it each month, plus I don't have a plethora of cards worth getting graded anyways haha.

I would definitely do 8-10 cards 4-5 times over the course of a year, year and a half though if it lasted that long.