`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps series 2 Dominic Brown Sparkle warning

2011 Topps series 2 Dominic Brown Sparkle warning
A lot of people have been pulling the Dominic Brown card #421 and listing it on Ebay saying that it is a sparkle variation. There is a little reflection on his helmet. This Is NOT a sparkle variation just the way the card turned out. Look at how the other sparkle variations look and you will see a noticable difference. So before you get fooled do not buy them.

RE: 2011 Topps series 2 Dominic Brown Sparkle warning
I saw that and thought it was a sparkle card but it didn't look like my Price card from Series 1. Then I pulled an Elvis Andrus sparkle and saw the Difference.

How are you guys getting these sparkle cards? I have bought over 2000 cards (mostly series 1) and haven't gotten one! I've got two sets, most of the parallel sets, many of the chase cards including the Campanella 209B and Killebrew 293B, but still not one sparkle. I'm starting to believe it is a conspiracy and everyone is against me!

(06-13-2011, 05:26 PM)batusboyus Wrote: How are you guys getting these sparkle cards? I have bought over 2000 cards (mostly series 1) and haven't gotten one! I've got two sets, most of the parallel sets, many of the chase cards including the Campanella 209B and Killebrew 293B, but still not one sparkle. I'm starting to believe it is a conspiracy and everyone is against me!
I have spent a few thousand on cards this spring and besides a Bubba Starling gold, AU, ref. this sparkle card is my most interesting pull this spring. So if there is a conspiracy against anyone it's me.

(06-13-2011, 05:26 PM)batusboyus Wrote: How are you guys getting these sparkle cards? I have bought over 2000 cards (mostly series 1) and haven't gotten one! I've got two sets, most of the parallel sets, many of the chase cards including the Campanella 209B and Killebrew 293B, but still not one sparkle. I'm starting to believe it is a conspiracy and everyone is against me!
I opened a jumbo box and it took me probably 4 times looking through my cards to realize I had an Ortiz sparkle (sold it on eBay for $32). Just look really carefully and you might find one. Also, this thread should be in the hobby talk section
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I was looking on Ebay the other day and saw the Dom Brown "Sparkle" card. Didn't look quite right so I checked the checklist and saw the Cole Hamels Sparkle SSP but not the Dom Brown. Knew immediately it wasn't an SSP. If Topps can photoshop a sparkle onto a card, couldn't they just photoshop one off a card like the Domonic Brown card to avoid any confusion? A few people on EBAY did buy the card thinking it was an SSP unfortunately
I have very little luck in general but was lucky enough to pull the Joey Votto Sparkle from Series 1 which I sold and bought something I wanted. Had no idea I had it until reading an article here on Beckett.

Alright, now I'm confused about it. I just pulled the Brown 421, and Beckett has a Sparkle listed in the OPG for him now.
Any further clarification on this?
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]