`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LeBron James hatred?

LeBron James hatred?
I dont get it, for some reason everyone is hating on Lebron nowadays. I know how he went out in cleveland was uncalled for and hurt his image. Scottie Pippen just said something about Lebron being the greatest ever and that brought hate to Lebron like he said it.

Here is my side and i dont even like Lebron.

If winning an NBA Finals game won't be enough, then winning the Finals won't be either if this series continue in this manner and Wade plays the starring role in two more victories. LeBron wants to win. That's not enough. We want him to go out and win it and in a specific manner. You can already hear the keyboards clicking now, saying LeBron's first championship didn't count because he wasn't the Finals MVP

even more truth!!! Did you know that in Kobe Bryant's first NBA Finals he shot 37 percent and averaged 15.6 points per game against the Pacers in 2000? But when it's time for comparisons, you only hear that Kobe has five rings, not 4.5.

and the dagger: "When Michael Jordan repeatedly passed to John Paxson in the final quarter of the 1991 NBA Finals, it was viewed as a breakthrough, the superstar yielding to the system for the sake of the team. LeBron does it and its treated as an act of cowardice."

sorry for the long read but then this just came out and i feel he handled the question in a great fashion.

RE: LeBron James hatred?
I don't think it is his playability i think it is what he was surrounded with. For example Arod, When Arod hit his 600th home run there was no real fanfare nor anything special and we ALL know why. Now with Jeter going for 3,000 hits the fireworks are getting set, banners are being made etc etc and why? because Jeter was never surrounded by controversy or anything to hurt his image. Lebron is a great player no matter what but what happens off the court can haunt him forever and never get the respect he deserves.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

He doesn't deserve all of the extra scrutiny. There's no way he would have won a ring in Cleveland without another star/semi-star free agent. People don't like the fact he left, but how can you blame him? The Cavs drafted him but he didn't ask to go there and just because he is fom Ohio shouldn't mean he can never leave. "They" just need to move on. All in all I believe it's just a matter of time before all is forgiven, just ask Kobe.

I use to dislike Lebron but now everyone hates him I am actually starting to like him. Always like cheering for the underdog ha ha.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

LeBron is getting everything he deserves as far as criticism in my opinion! The guy is a dueche bag who thinks he's EARNED the right to be considered amongst the greatest ever. He came out of high school calling himself the "king" lmao what a joke. He will never be MJ because he has no class and is a all about himself type player. The talent level in the NBA is at an all time low and he's just a slightly bigger fish in a small pond. Honestly I can go on FOREVER on why he'll never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ... If you must know why then I will explain lol.. Just ask

Me and another member had a similar PM discussion about this kind of topic. He was saying how he was happy that LeBron might get his first, but more happy that Kobe didn't get his 6th. And on that new movie coming out, I can't remember the guys actual name, but the dialog goes something like:

Jason ???: "Call me when LeBron has 6 rings."
Shawn: "Is that your only argument?"
Jason ???: "IT'S THE ONLY ARGUMENT I NEED SHAWN!!!!"

If you ask me, it isn't the only argument if you're going to compare LeBron to Michael. It's honestly not even the best stat to compare. If LeBron were to get 6 rings, say all of them with the Heat, look who he has by his side. Does Pippen compare to Wade? Eh, some might say so, but if you ask me, Wade is much better. Does Luc Longly or Horace Grant compare to Bosh? My quick answer to that is no. Yeah, Miller might be another Kerr, and Charlmers a Paxson, but this year's Heat and the Heat for a few more years, have more talent than the Bulls did. Yeah, there's more talent in the league over all, but you get what I'm getting at.

LeBron might actually be a better passer than Jordan. I don't know the numbers, but I believe LeBron's are higher and he makes better passes. However, I could be wrong on this too, I think LeBron has more turnovers. I think they're pretty close on FG%, I think LeBron is a better 3-pt shooter, MJ a better dunker (personal opinion), MJ a better decision maker, and I think MJ had more of a killer instinct. I don't think LeBron's scoring prowess is killer instinct as much as it is him just thinking he should be responsible for carrying the team. I'll have to admit though, I thought there were going to be fights between him and Wade this year over who was head honcho in Miami. Glad to see Wade still is.

As for the criticism LeBron gets, I dislike him for The Decision (the show, NOT his actual decision, that was smart) and the way he handled the series loss to Orlando that one year. I'm wondering if the same will happen this year. "No, I wasn't being rude, I just didn't want to shake anyone's hand because I didn't win the finals and I'm a winner. I'm not going to help someone else feel good about winning and playing hard." I also dislike him, and others so don't think it's just about LeBron, because of how he thinks he NEVER travels, he NEVER fouls, and whenever he misses, it's because he was fouled. If you weren't bleeding, you weren't fouled. lol. Just playing.

I think LeBron would be viewed better if he was a little more humble. Semi-guaranteeing a few rings because he, Wade and Bosh are in Miami was kind of the wrong way to go as well. I mean, I don't remember exactly how he said it in the interview, but it was something along the lines of "I think we can probably get about 6 or 7 championships in a row." I could have been watching it at 2 in the morning though, so the words could have been jumbled. Smile I want the Mavs to win this year one, because I want Kidd, Dirk and Barea to get a chip, but secondly because I want the Heat to lose and them get the experience of everything isn't going to be a cake walk. Yeah, they had a rough start to the season, but since then they've acted like there isn't anyone that competes with them in the league.

These are just my personal opinions. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

OK, why oh why does LeBron get compared to MJ, I will never know. IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMPARE LEBRON TO A LEGEND, COMPARE HIM TO MAGIC JOHNSON. (James is a better shooter)

Magic and LeBron have many more similiarities in thier games. I watched all three of these guys play and MJ was arguably better than any of them, but a totally different style and system in which the other two played. I feel the MJ to LeBron comparison is like comparing apples to oranges.

I am not a big LeBron fan, or a Heat fan for that matter. I think there is validity in what Pippen said though. LeBron has the opportunity to match or even surpass MJ on accolades and resume in the rest of what is left of his carreer. If you don't agree, then you are bias somehow and blinded to LeBron's actual potential.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(06-08-2011, 10:05 AM)got watcha want Wrote: OK, why oh why does LeBron get compared to MJ, I will never know. IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMPARE LEBRON TO A LEGEND, COMPARE HIM TO MAGIC JOHNSON. (James is a better shooter)

Magic and LeBron have many more similiarities in thier games. I watched all three of these guys play and MJ was arguably better than any of them, but a totally different style and system in which the other two played. I feel the MJ to LeBron comparison is like comparing apples to oranges.

I am not a big LeBron fan, or a Heat fan for that matter. I think there is validity in what Pippen said though. LeBron has the opportunity to match or even surpass MJ on accolades and resume in the rest of what is left of his carreer. If you don't agree, then you are bias somehow and blinded to LeBron's actual potential.
No sorry you are dead wrong on that! LeBron has NO chance to be greater than MJ in accolades. Do you realize what exactly is on Michaels resume!? Try 6-0 in the Finals, 6 Finals MVP's, 5 Regular Season MVP's, Ten Scoring Titles (10!!!!!!!), 3 All Star MVP's, 2 Slam Dunk Titles, The Greatest Will in The History Of Sports, and the list can go on forever!!!!

What about LeBron!? No rings (Dallas will win this series), about to be 0-2 in the Finals, 2 MVP's because he was a ball hog on a horrid Cleaveland team where he was far and away THE guy there and treated like royalty, one scoring title (he has 9 more to go!!!!!!) and doesn't even show up when his team needs him the most (game 5 last year against Boston and last night)... Not to mention he is completely 100% ROBIN to D-Wades BATMAN!!!! Being on the Heat will never allow him to catch MJ in accolades! Period!!!! And not to even mention that the NBA talent level is at an all time low!!!! He is nothing more than a slightly bigger fish in a small pond.....

Point blank: MJ will always be greater than LeBron in every aspect...

bengu- Not saying it is gonna happen or that LBJ is better than MJ now. In fact I stated the two shouldn't even be compared.
But, LeBron is not a big fish in a small pond. That theory is just crazy. The only things the league lacks now compared to the 90's is the less strict officiating and a lack of HOF centers that were abundent then.

Your opinon has holes in it because you think that the talent pool is smaller and you appearently think that LeBron James would not have been as competative in the NBA of the 90's. You're way way off on that opinion.

I can't believe I am defending LeBum right now, being a Kobe fan and rooting for the Mavericks at the moment. I just don't let the fact that I don't like this "diva" player in turn affect my judgement of the guy's skill set. He is having a subpar Finals because the matchups favor Wade more against the Mavericks.

His regular season stats and effenciency are better than D-Wade's across the board, I giggled at your Batman and Robin analogy. Ask Pat Riley who he would draft #1 in his active player fantasy draft. LeBron goes #1 in almost anybody's draft that is close to professional basketball. He is currently the best active player, that is most of the general public's opinions as well.

Wade has a title and has played better than James as of late. But, to say LeBron James is anybody's "Robin" is absurd.

The scoring titles that MJ had should reflect the talent pool at his position of his time (not saying that he is not the greastest ever) but that kind of shoots holes in your shrunken talent pool theory if you ask me. LeBron is competing against guards like Kobe, Durant, Melo, and even his boy Wade is competition for that Scoring title.

I don't count slam dunk titles because Nate Robinson has one. LOL ( That is not really a title to lean on for a resume or a debate about players) I have seen AND1 players that deserve the greatest dunker title more so than MJ and it is not like Jason Kapono is one of the greatest shooters ever for his 3 point title.

Now remove the scoring titles and the slam dunk titles, is it not POSSIBLE for James to catch up to MJ's accolades? I think it is, especially considering the 5-6 more seasons more than MJ that LeBron will rack up because of a combination of Jordan's retirement years and the fact that James entered the NBA at 18 years old.

Man, as I right this I am thinking this is more than just possible and more like probable.

Good thread.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I never really liked LeBron until he went to the Heat, because people were calling him a sellout and other dumb things. This is a professional sport...don't people want to win? And, why am I posting on the basketball boards? Smile
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)