`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
THE GOOD TRADER LIST ~ check here along with "looking for" thread ~

RE: THE GOOD TRADER LIST ~ check here along with "looking for" thread ~
It is amazing to me the names that are now non existent on here. Truly amazing how some of the best members have simply walked away from the forums. I know the changes Beckett has implemented over time and the cost of said changes, along with life in general have caused many to fad away. This post was a great read to remember the golden days of this forum, before Beta, paying for the Org and the privilege to trade on here and multiple phone calls a day about my subscriptions.

Yup, I sure do miss the good old days,

Art

I concur.
(10-07-2017, 09:33 PM)ahvjr Wrote: It is amazing to me the names that are now non existent on here. Truly amazing how some of the best members have simply walked away from the forums. I know the changes Beckett has implemented over time and the cost of said changes, along with life in general have caused many to fad away. This post was a great read to remember the golden days of this forum, before Beta, paying for the Org and the privilege to trade on here and multiple phone calls a day about my subscriptions.

Art
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(10-07-2017, 09:33 PM)ahvjr Wrote: It is amazing to me the names that are now non existent on here. Truly amazing how some of the best members have simply walked away from the forums. I know the changes Beckett has implemented over time and the cost of said changes, along with life in general have caused many to fade away. This post was a great read to remember the golden days of this forum, before Beta, paying for the Org and the privilege to trade on here and multiple phone calls a day about my subscriptions.

Art
I miss the "good old days" too, but I am still here. I'm most active on the Racing forum now, but that is b/c of Topps and Panini (and I guess UD is part of that too). I don't plan to leave Beckett any time soon, but if they continue to ignore the Racing fans, I won't have much reason to keep paying them money for any reason. I'm sure that if I mention a missing card from a baseball/football/basketball release to them, it would be corrected pretty fast. We can't get a single addition or fix added in anything related to Racing. It doesn't even matter how we request it. PM's don't work, emails don't work, and posting in a thread NEVER worked!
I REALLY miss the era when the Beckett staff ACTUALLY CARED about being accurate and wanted complete info about cards. It appears that the site/company only cares about the cash now!!!

AND here we are, nearly 8 days after my last post in this thread, and Beckett hasn't done A SINGLE THING!!! I have added many scans for cards, but none of them show up with a card in the DB. Some of those scans were added several WEEKS ago, but they still don't show up. On top of that, there are more cards in my "Recently Added" folder without BV's than there have EVER been since I joined Beckett. Did the whole company take a month off? Absolutely nothing is happening on this site. No updates, no BV's, no information of any kind is happening here. What the hell are we paying Beckett Media to do??? There are no BV's for any Panini "promo sets" for the past 2 years (Father's Day, National Convention, Black Friday, Instant, etc.) in ANY sport or multi-sport release. This site has really become completely irrelevant for PRICING and that's bad b/c it's the ONLY thing they are supposed to do! I am glad my TA OPG runs out soon. Once it runs out, I am probably done giving Beckett any more of my money! I am paying them for NO INFO!!! To add to that, they forced the "MDR" on everyone and that is completely inaccurate as well. If it was even slightly accurate, it would show the 1/1's that I bought last month off of ebay. Yet they show no activity for those cards/plates!!!

Yep I am still here just don't post as much as a used too but trying to get more active. I pretty much quit buying football so most of my cards are from 2000-2010. If anyone is looking to complete sets feel free to look me up and send a trade offer
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]