`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$7 BGS grading special

RE: $6 BGS grading special
(08-04-2011, 01:32 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Has anyone sent in a card for regrading and got a different grade? Or has anyone sent in a card already graded by bgs for them to regrade it? Is this possible?

I ask because my Marino auto miss a mint 9 grade by .5. They gave an 8 on centering and from my memory its pretty centered. Reason for whining is the difference in a 8.5 and 9 is almost $100 cash value.
You have to crack it out and resubmit if you want a regrade. They aren't going to take it out for you... And don't forget they use a logarithm to calculate grades, so you might not get a 9 even if the centering is an 8.5...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Woooot!! Giant box at the door!! Wink

(08-05-2011, 02:25 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Woooot!! Giant box at the door!! Wink
Let's see 'em! Hopefully mine will come tomorrow. Sad

(08-05-2011, 03:08 PM)gangstippie Wrote: Let's see 'em! Hopefully mine will come tomorrow. Sad
Workin' on it as we speak! Wink

Got mine in a few hours ago!! Here they are below, the pics from my camera do not do the Brady Gold Reserve justice.

Also included at the end the card from Gang for our bet, was a card I had, but this one is in MUCH better condition, thanks!!

[Image: DSC03631.jpg]

[Image: DSC03644.jpg]

[Image: DSC03660.jpg]

[Image: DSC03651.jpg]

[Image: DSC03664.jpg]

[Image: DSC03673.jpg]

(08-05-2011, 04:08 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Got mine in a few hours ago!! Here they are below, the pics from my camera do not do the Brady Gold Reserve justice.

Also included at the end the card from Gang for our bet, was a card I had, but this one is in MUCH better condition, thanks!!
Jealous! Very nice!

(08-05-2011, 04:21 PM)gangstippie Wrote: Jealous! Very nice!
Thanks man, so awesome to finally get them in hand!

Tracking # says it's already here, but since the mailman came & no package, i guess it's tomorrow. That'll be a long wait. "tomorrow...tomorrow, i love ya 2maro, your only a dayyyyyyy ahhhhhhhhhhwayyyyyyyy"

Okay, here they are!

My 9.5's....

Yum! The card is /25, but it's a Beckett 1/1...the only one graded. Wink
[Image: img156.jpg]

Nice 1/1 (truly!)
[Image: img160.jpg]

Another 1/1
[Image: img161.jpg]

1/1
[Image: img157.jpg]

Auto 10
[Image: img167.jpg]

Now for the 9's. Some of the subgrades on these really tweak me...

1/1, Auto 8, but I expected that. The lip of the card covers 1/3 of it.
[Image: img149-1.jpg]

1/1
[Image: img171.jpg]

1/1 Confused on the 9 auto grade here...but whatever. I assume it's the ink running out on the "y" at the end.
[Image: img173.jpg]

Check the subgrades...UGH! Only one other graded at a 9 and none higher in the database though.
[Image: img152-1.jpg]

1/1
[Image: img158.jpg]

1/1
[Image: img159.jpg]

1/1, Auto 9 (.5 away...)
[Image: img162.jpg]

1/1, Auto 10 (another subgrade clusterfluff) Truthfully this is the one I'm most angry about. This is one of the cleanest cards I've EVER held in my hands...as evidenced by the only 10 subgrade in my submission.
[Image: img164.jpg]

1/1, Auto 10 (.5 away)
[Image: img165.jpg]

1/1, Auto 10
[Image: img166.jpg]

Here are the 8.5's. Don't even get me started on some of the subs here...

1/1, Auto 10
[Image: img148.jpg]

There are 8 of these cards graded an 8.5 and only 1 9 in the database...
[Image: img150-1.jpg]

Was curious how they would handle this card. The actual "surface" of the card is just as clean as it can be...what you see is the backside of the surface lifting from the cardboard. Most of my other purchased Ricky's have this same issue, but have higher surface grades...
[Image: img151-1.jpg]

Here's an example...not sure you can see in the scan, but there's a huge chunk lifting up at the bottom edge...surface grade=9

[Image: img175.jpg]

I really have an issue with this card and the edge grade, based on other edge grades I received...there are 3 8.5's and one 9 in the database.
[Image: img153.jpg]

[Image: img154.jpg]

1/1, Auto 9. (similar subgrade clusterfluff, especially based on my observation of this card)
[Image: img155.jpg]

1/1, Auto 10 (not sure why this one warrants a 10 and the other 1/1 was a 9, but hey)
[Image: img163.jpg]

Both 1/1 and both autos 9
[Image: img169.jpg] [Image: img168.jpg]

Both 1/1
[Image: img170.jpg] [Image: img172.jpg]

And my remaining graded submission, which I did not expect great things from (except to say I got a subgrade of 9 for edges, and trust me when I say they are not)

1/1
[Image: img147-1.jpg]

Of course, the now infamous "sharpie" card. I will resubmit next go around to be slabbed as "Authentic Altered"

[Image: img174.jpg]

Thought it was worth mentioning the little gift that came home with my Jamaal...funny, but I don't have a dog... (upper right white border)

[Image: img176.jpg]

And a big thank you to Ron for packing his graded 34 in with my collection!!

[Image: img146-1.jpg]

Nice stuff RW, too bad about that one coloring, otherwise I still think you did pretty decent!