`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
OT-Scotch tape on toploaders

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders
lol probably I'll just tell em straight up what the deal is. I understand if the cards are under a certain amount that you would just put it in between toploaders that have good cards in them but if the cards have good bv they should have their own toploader. What city you in bro?
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Glad I saw this thread. I HATE TAPE ON TOPLOADERS!!! Buy the team bags, they are cheap!!!
Looking for Ryne Sandberg, Micah Gibbs, and Cubs Topps commons.
Now using paypal shipping so everyone will get a DC number and no more trips to P.O.!
[Image: Ryancards.jpg]

Tape on toploaders = PURE TRAVESTY !!!!
Insert Banner.

(05-06-2011, 07:56 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: If I had one more redemption from panini I was going send the bozos a roll of blue tape, lol.
I blame Hackler.
Best laugh Ive had on this site in forever!
Thanks!

(05-07-2011, 08:21 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: lol probably I'll just tell em straight up what the deal is. I understand if the cards are under a certain amount that you would just put it in between toploaders that have good cards in them but if the cards have good bv they should have their own toploader. What city you in bro?
Was in Miami last night Tampa St Pete today headed towered Atlanta then up by Chattanooga will be there till Monday morning so I'll be on some this weekend
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

may cost alittle more but i used to tape top loaders but moved to the bags. i feel better about them than taping top loaders. just my opinion.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

I am not rich & cant afford new supplys all the time, so I make the best of what i have. Bottom line for me is, I send out stuff the way I would want it sent to me. Whether it be a 5 cent common or a rare high-end card.... that card is important to the person on the other end of the deal & I try to treat it as such.

But......... on the other hand..... when someone sends me cards that were jus thrown together, have bad cases, try'n to save postage, or jus bunched together carelessly.... then I make a note of that & return the favor "IF" i deal with that person again.

Jus my 2 cents.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

I'm guilty of recycling taped toploaders for trade cards once in a while. I got tired of spending a bunch of money on what seemed like a ton toploaders in several sizes.
I wound up buying a 100 pack of Card Saver 1's for the grading special Shadow did, and use those most of the time now for shipping. I like them because the cards cannot move once inside, and they are cheap.
If I get stuff in a semi rigid, I transfer to a toploader, and save the semi rigid for shipping later on. The semi rigid holders aren't the easiest to store, but no need for tape on the top, and they are the best for keeping a card safe when you throw some blanks or cardboard on the outside.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(05-07-2011, 05:59 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: See this is where the problem is and why it won't work. Some people just won't agree to it. I'm kind of sick of sending out 10 toploaders in my packages then getting the other persons end of the trade with 2 toploaders then the rest of the cards sandwiched in between.
This can work over time. If everyone is aware of it and eventually starts weeding out the really bad toploaders, eventually everyone will start getting a decent toploader when they receive. I know everyone cant afford to buy new toploaders for every trade, I know I cant, but if we can start just eliminating the tape, use team bags, blue tape, anything besides scotch tape, then we could still reuse toploaders for shipping as long as they just arent in terrible shape. I mean if the card is in a crappy toploader, your gonna have to switch it, then take the risk of bending a corner or something. It happens. I personally think this can work if enough people are aware of it. Just like a bubble mailer, everyone knows not to send in a white flimsy envelope unless it came from ebay, lol! Why cant this tape thing be in the same catergory as that? It is just common sense to me.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I've found that the blue painters tape comes off pretty easily. But honestly tape or not, any PC cards I ever get go into new holders anyway. I try to keep 2 boxes of card holders at all times....one for PC stuff and recent pulls and another with stuff that might has scuffs or tape on them that I re-use for shipping.