`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
jimfalbo21's TTM/IP Thread

RE: jimfalbo21's TTM/IP Thread
(03-31-2011, 11:25 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: ^ Don't like seeing the GU card and black refractor used for TTM, ouch
First off to Jim... great success!

I can kinda of understand the black refractor because its low numbers. But dont like the gu auto'd? With all the gu's flooding the market who cares as long as its not low numbered. I kinda like them. Ive been thinking of using my low end gu's as fodder for TTM. Hell most of them wont sell for .99 anyway.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(04-30-2011, 09:58 AM)cptnemo66 Wrote: First off to Jim... great success!

I can kinda of understand the black refractor because its low numbers. But dont like the gu auto'd? With all the gu's flooding the market who cares as long as its not low numbered. I kinda like them. Ive been thinking of using my low end gu's as fodder for TTM. Hell most of them wont sell for .99 anyway.

FYI Those weren't my GU or black refractors

Here's my most recent TTM, total turnaround on both sigs was about 10 days.

[Image: 001-27.jpg]

Here are today's IP auto's at The Great American Ballpark:

[Image: 002-21.jpg]

got Overbay outside the stadium, before the game

[Image: 006-8.jpg]

got Karstens outside the stadium, before the game

[Image: 003-18.jpg]

got Clint Hurdle (Pirates manager) outside the stadium, before the game...He is always very personable, he was talking upbeat about how well the Pitching staff has performed this season...he agreed that the bats need to come alive soon!

[Image: 007-9.jpg]

got Snyder outside the stadium, before the game...I've always gotten a nice legible graph from Chris

[Image: 004-12.jpg]

I talked to Morton for a few minutes, and congratulated him for his remarkable turnaround...last year he had an ERA in the mid 7's...He remembered me from Piratesfest, and we talked about his offseason regimen...pitching in the Dominican, and arriving to Spring Training very early...I shook his hand and told him how happy I was for him, and that I hope to see him on the NL all-star team this season...he also took a picture with my wife (he's her favorite pitcher)

[Image: 005-12.jpg]

I love the full graph on this refractor! Wood signed for everyone who wanted him, and has been super friendlyin his short time with the Buccos. I hope his bat regains some of the pop that made him one of Baseballs top Power-hitting prospect just a few years ago.

[Image: 008-6.jpg]

Beimel is a local player, he enjoys being back in Pitt pitching in front of friends and family.

[Image: 009-5.jpg]

Former high 1st round pick Moskos finally made his debut this season, although he's considered a marginal prospect, he's made a good impact on the Buc's pen thus far.

[Image: 010-5.jpg]

got Resop and Moskos together, they always seem to pal around

[Image: 011-5.jpg]

Veres is a big dude, and throws hard!

[Image: DSCN1376.jpg]

Pedro Alvarez

At first glance this ball is unimpressive...black ink (not blue), used (not clean and white). But it's a memory I will not soon forget. I was waiting for Pedro to finish his stretches, and yelled "Pedro!" he looked right over at me, but resumed stretching...I saw him take a pen and sign aomething for the trainer, so I thought, and give him the pen back. I figured it was for the trainer's son, or nephew etc. Well he turned around looked for me and lobbed a baseball my way, which I thought was cool enough...then I flipped it around, and saw the Pedro Alvarez SS auto! I def will be keeping this in my PC for years to come!!!

Thanks again for the look!

Jim
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

I only got the Black Refractor signed because Duke is an excellent TTM signer. I even sent him the silver pen along with the mini helmet. And I love sending cheap game used cards to players. What else was I going to do with it? He sucked at the time and now look at him. How many people can say they have an autographed jersey of the best home run hitter in baseball?
[Image: cutch2-2.jpg]

morning after bump
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

Great success man, congrats! I tried Duke ttm without any success earlier this year. I figured I may have a shot since 1) he is a good signer and 2) I lived in Clifton,Tx for awhile where he was raised for a long time. I even mentioned his old neighbor who was my girlfriend back then ha. Maybe I'll get it back closer to the end of the season or something. Anywho, congrats on all the successes.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

Duke usually signs all his spring training mail. I got him this year. Once the season stops he doesn't sign his mail. That has been my experience.

I got this back TTM from the Tiger's Autographs for a Cause program. Nice, except for the finger print on the "M".

[Image: 002-26.jpg]

Gorgeous auto Jim

Newest successes:

[Image: 004-23.jpg]

[Image: 003-24.jpg]

asked Pappas for No-hit inscription...no dice, but still a cool success!

[Image: 002-27.jpg]

The Church was TTM, the rest IP in Cleveland and in Pittsburgh:

[Image: 007-10.jpg]

[Image: 006-9.jpg]

[Image: 005-13.jpg]

THE HANRANATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: 004-13.jpg]

[Image: 003-19.jpg]

[Image: 002-22.jpg]

Luke Scott...I couldn't believe I didn't have one of his cards!

[Image: 009-6.jpg]

I took this pic during Spring Training, printed it out Monday AM, signed monday PM!!!!!!!
[Image: 001-28.jpg]