`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Most Memorable Moment

RE: Most Memorable Moment
2009 against the dodgers (i think), werth stealing home plate...
2008, 9 run come back in the 9th to beat the astros
2008, game 5... and was there for the 08 and 09 nlcs clinchers
1994... meeting jeter and petite in a double a game in albany...
2008... yanks/jays... 12 games (or so) before the original stadium closed.
Looking to slim down my collection from a ton of doubles to a ton of singles....
listing what I have little by little every day.

Sets in Progress: 1951 Bowman
, 1992 / 1993 / 1994 Topps Gold, 2007 Goudey

July 15, 1973 was my most memorable live sports moment. On the corner of Michigan and Trumbull in Detroit. Nolan Ryan strikes out 17 on his way to his second career no-no, with the Angels winning 6-0. A Tiger fan all the way, I can remember the chills running through me when the entire attendance in Tiger Stadium stood on their feet, cheering the Ryan Express on for the final three outs in the bottom of the ninth. At 11 years of age, I was able to see history in the making. I still have ticket stubs from the event.

Giants winning the world series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now it's Jacoby Ellsbury's walkoff homer last week. First walkoff I had seen in person.
Prior to that, my most memorable was a huge Bo Jackson home run at Fenway around 1989 or 1990. He crushed the ball about 450 ft into the right-centerfield bleachers. Nobody cheered or booed...everyone just went "Oooooo". Bo Jackson in his prime was just awesome to see.

1) 2004 Nlcs when Jimmy hit the walk off in the 12th

2) Wainwright's curve that buckled Beltran for the NL Title!!!

For me it was Bucky "Bleepin' Dent crushing New England and destroying my Red Sox back in 1978. That haunted me for a long time. Probably until Mookie Wilson's grounder went through Bill Buckner's legs. That became my new biggest haunt. And then Aaron Boone took Wakefield deep in the 2003 ALCS. I sat up late and then couldn't turn the tv off fast enough. As we all know, the Sox won it the next year but to me the crushing defeats and sick feelings are more memorable.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It would have to be a yankee game i went to.It was Ripken's last season and i'm not sure if it was during the 7th inning stretch or after the game when he jogged around Yankee Stadium and shook some of the fans hands.He received a standing ovation it kind of choked me up a little.I'm not a huge Ripken fan but knowing what kind of player and person he was on and off the field made me realize that the game was going to lose a star of the highest caliber and an all around class act.

http://coolstarcards.wordpress.com/