`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
My first MLB game was Boston Red Sox @ Atlanta Braves on July 3, 2004, and the first homerun I saw was by Nomar Garciaparra in the 2nd. Red Sox won 6-1. Sad Here's the game recap. http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240703115
I collect 1977-Present Baseball of any team, especially the Braves (NL) and the Red Sox (AL). Considering an expansion into vintage. I am slowly adding cards and wants to my org.

(02-17-2011, 02:42 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I didn't go to my 1st big league game until I went to Turner Field in 07

I've went to maybe 30-40 games since then and a couple AAA games as well

Not sure who hit the 1st one I saw but the 1st I can remember was probably Barry Bonds knocking one out in 07 to right field against my Bravos

My most memorable one was last year when I was at the home opener and Heyward crushed a 3 run homer in his 1st at bat into the back of the bullpen not to far from where we were sitting (The crowd went nuts)
I was watching that game on tv, he really did crush it!!!!
As far as my first homerun, I was at a few games at the vet but i was like 2 years old so i dont remember a thing.......... However, I do remember a Mike Schimidt homerun in dodger stadium back in 1987, Ill never forget it, even more watching Schmidt play!!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Aug 3, 1983

Twins V Angels at the Humpty Dome. Bobby Grich hit a homer I don't remember seeing but the Twins lost when Ron Davis blew a save. Surprise Surprise.

The first one I remember seeing was 2 yrs later when Darrell Evans Hit his 300th home run of Ken Schrom also at the dome... it apparently was at 3pm off of a 3-0 pitch.

Also yes D. Martinez did plunk Kirby in the face...although I still don't think it lead to his vision problems as it was his right eye that went blind.
"Don't Take anything for granted because tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"

Kirby Puckett July 17th 1996 @ Retirement Press Conference

Mine at age 12, 1989 Dodgers vs Giants, Kal Daniels hit a long high homer it look like it never was going to come down, well at least I saw it that way...

(03-21-2011, 10:32 AM)erhofer Wrote: Mine at age 12, 1989 Dodgers vs Giants, Kal Daniels hit a long high homer it look like it never was going to come down, well at least I saw it that way...
Bo Jackson...

I cant remember my first homerun But i think it was Teixeira in 2003 for the rangers but during that Rangers Yanks series I remember my first in the park homerun and it was Kenny Lofton in the first inninng.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Can't remember the first, but the last was Torii Hunter at the Coliseum last September
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(03-19-2011, 10:09 PM)twinsfan1980 Wrote: Aug 3, 1983

Twins V Angels at the Humpty Dome. Bobby Grich hit a homer I don't remember seeing but the Twins lost when Ron Davis blew a save. Surprise Surprise.

The first one I remember seeing was 2 yrs later when Darrell Evans Hit his 300th home run of Ken Schrom also at the dome... it apparently was at 3pm off of a 3-0 pitch.

Also yes D. Martinez did plunk Kirby in the face...although I still don't think it lead to his vision problems as it was his right eye that went blind.
Poor Kirby

[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

1977 Yankee Stadium, Cliff Johnson vs Baltimore...My first Yankee Game...

Mine was Lee May, he hit two that game. The O's beat my beloved Redsox that game, but I got to see Yaz hit one out too!
Collecting past and present Redsox
[Image: IMG-4.jpg]