`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
(02-19-2011, 06:25 PM)hilfiger1975 Wrote: Juliooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Franco
Nice!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

Jose Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz in the Astrodome.
[Image: lbMplTF.png]
1967 Topps
Super Collector of Cal Ripken Jr. & "Pudge" Rodriguez
bowers25’s bucket

Bump.
Let's see some more stories.

Dave Parker at Oakland, Alameida County Stadium!

In the year of 1997 I saw the Orioles (at home) play against the Mariners. Denny Martinez was pitching for the Mariners when I saw B. J. Surhoff hit a homerun, it was the first one I ever saw. Edgar Martinez hit a home run as well. A-Rod was injured and did not play. Also as a side note B.J. hit for the cycle during that game and Seattle lost.

In 1999 I saw Griffey Jr hit a grand slam for a come from behind victory against the Blue Jays. Been to maybe 12 games total and have seen Edgar Martinez put out at least six dingers.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/...8150.shtml

Here is the stat line from the Atlanta/San Fran game I mentioned earlier and below is a grainy pic I took from our seat in the outfield right as Barry Bonds was about to hit the 1st homer I ever saw in person

[Image: 3.jpg]
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(02-21-2011, 12:11 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/...8150.shtml

Here is the stat line from the Atlanta/San Fran game I mentioned earlier and below is a grainy pic I took from our seat in the outfield right as Barry Bonds was about to hit the 1st homer I ever saw in person

[Image: 3.jpg]
That some good stuff!
(02-20-2011, 08:32 PM)akbobcat Wrote: In the year of 1997 I saw the Orioles (at home) play against the Mariners. Denny Martinez was pitching for the Mariners when I saw B. J. Surhoff hit a homerun, it was the first one I ever saw. Edgar Martinez hit a home run as well. A-Rod was injured and did not play. Also as a side note B.J. hit for the cycle during that game and Seattle lost.

In 1999 I saw Griffey Jr hit a grand slam for a come from behind victory against the Blue Jays. Been to maybe 12 games total and have seen Edgar Martinez put out at least six dingers.

Wasn't Denny (Dennis) Martinez the player who accidentally hit Puckett in the face?
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

1984, Chris Speier hit a walk off for the Cardinals. I can remember that everyone was getting excited and jumping to their feet that night on flyballs that they thought were homers. My Dad said "I'm not standing up until it really is a homer". He didn't stand until Speier hit the ball, and he was right.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Bump. I really enjoy reading these. Let's see who else has a story to add.

I was too young to remember my first, but my most memorable was a Dave Winfield homer at old Tiger Stadium in the early 90's. Hands down the hardest hit ball I have ever seen. It was a solid lined rope crushed into the left field upper deck and the ball was still climbing when it hit the seat or whatever it hit. ( I was in left field lower deck) I've never seen a ball hit with that kind of velocity, it was astounding. The ball never arced at all like most home runs. It hit something so hard it sounded like it broke whatever it was. The entire crowd gasped all at once as the ball came off his bat so hard it seemed like a split second from the crack of the bat to the smash of the impact. And Travis Fryman and Cecil Fielder hit back-to-back homers in the same game - both in almost the exact same spot about 30 feet to my left. Awesome game!