`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
"THE GREAT "LETTER PATCH" CHASE *** * HELP COMPLETE MY SETS

RE: "THE GREAT "LETTER PATCH" CHASE *** * HELP COMPLETE MY SETS
just picked up another Martin Slater Chronology "letter" card... another collector was trying to go head to head with me on winning the bid.. I ended up getting it for little over BV, but still a nice card. I got two Slater "letters" I lost one auction awhile back.. sucks!! but, hoping that the winner puts it back on the bay sometime down the road...

Looking for the following, along with all SPA 08-09 LAKERS LETTERS!!

CHRONOLOGY 2006-07 “LETTERS”
CRITTENTON HAVE: C, T, T, E, N, N
NEED: R, I, T, O

GAIL GOODRICH HAVE: R, C, H

Vern Mikkelson HAVE: N, E

Martin Slater HAVE: T, N (incoming ebay 9/3/12)
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Just won a Joe Crawford 1/1 letter "S" off ebay... paid too much for it, but hey, it's a 1/1 & in a Lakers Uniform...

It will look great with my other J.Crawford cards I have... just need "A & E" to spell Lakers!! hopefully, they will show up online one day...

Just received the Crawford letter "S" 1/1, but upset, that card was received damaged. two slight creases near border of patch.. OUCH! Creases are not seen on original picture that was listed on ebay.. it was hard to see the creases while inside pennysleee & toploader... I left positive feedback, then about 20 minutes later, took the card out to take my own scan to update my Crawford "letter colleciton"...

I emailed the seller & told him about the damaged card & sent him a link to the picture.. I paid $58.99 for this card.. I was surprised so many people bid on it, because I got another 1/1 card for very cheap.. under $20...

Damaged was more likely due to packaging.. because it was shipped in a toploader & bubblemailer.. no extra protection from damage.. nothing written on the envelope saying "do not bend" or "fragile" .. so the Postal people just through the envelope around & let it bang up against heavier envelopes..

When shipping cards with patches, jersey's or the old paper thin cards, there shipper should take extra caution when packaging.. add a cardboard blank (decoy card) on the outside of the toploader, on side of patch.. or ship in a magnetic toploader (best shipping method).. I have received 4-5 damaged cards that had patches and/or jerseys.... it gets me pissed, but there is nothing you can do when the card is a 1/1 or /10... I still want the card, because they are so scarce.. but paying a high price for a damaged card is not good!! It takes away from the value of the card.. & it will not be able to resell for the price I paid... probably can't even sell it for $10 now...

[Image: damaged_joecrawford_S_1-1.jpg]

[Image: JOECRAWFORD.jpg]

thinking about the Bynum letter that is on ebay right now... made me look at the other letter sets I been chasing... & wanted to bring this thread up to the top so those Beckett Members that have been MIA or the noobies can take a look at my collection... enjoy...

will trade in your favor for any "letters" that I need... cards must have no creases, as I've received a few letters with creases in the last few months... I will still take them, but at under BV..

I'll be updating the pics on the OP & throughout this thread later this week, since I am not working this week & do not have my son for most part of this week..
*United States Navy*

Just won Slater Martin Chronology letter "A" last night... good price too... I lost a letter "N" ser # 31/99 back in SEP... wish I won it.... I have 3 of 6 so far... & just recently started collecting them this year...

I have letters "T & N", with "A" incoming from ebay....

Looking for all "letters" of Lakers!!

Guess what... I left one of my Slater Martin Chronology letter cards on ebay with a high starting price.. well, a collector in the Philippines bid on it. I just hope he pays.. I didn't really want to sell it, just want to see if somebody would contact me saying they have one or which ones they already have...
oh, well.. now I will have to give it away, if the buyer pays up... sold for a real good price!!

I ended up throwing my 2nd Slater "letter" up on ebay to see if the same buyer bids on it.. also, threw up some other Chronology "letters" but with higher crazy prices... I want to see if anybody contacts me about what letters they have in the collection... maybe this will help me decide if I am going to go for those chase or not... because they are extremely hard to find, & can be expensive... I lost a few letters already, because I didn't have the money or was too late to submit another bid & I never used a sniping program before..

happy hunting..

Was the exchange rate for Australia very high in 2009??

well, I found a collector in Australia that has 4 1/1 Bynum cityname cards... Said he paid $495us for all 4 back in 2009, but also mentioned that exchange rate was crazy back then... He said today's conversion would be $869us.... I think he is bluffing... or I am confused.

I am pretty good at exchange rates, since I was in the Navy & was the one responsible for writing up contracts & payment of all our Port Costs. I would have to verify every transaction.

I did a quick conversion for today's exchange rate & historical conversion for 2009 (didn't know exact date, so I chose today's day, but year 2009)

$495.00 USD = 477.627 AUD (today's exchange rate: $1.00usd = 1.03637 aud)
$495.00 USD = 549.083 AUD (exchange rate for 2009 $1.00usd = 0.901503 aud)

If the guy paid $495us back in 2009, wouldn't that be $549 & not $869us like he stated in the PM he sent me (I found this guy on another site). He also said he can provide me copies of the paypal receipts showing how much he paid...

That is a lot of money to spend, even if I pay him the $550aud (AU dollars that was spent in 2009)..

I own 6 of 16 1/1 Bynum Citynames... If I buy the 4 mentioned in this post, It would get me to 10... but I would still need 6 more 1/1 cards... & do not know if I will ever find them... also, if I decide to sell... it will be very difficult to find a buyer willing to pay the same price that I paid for all the cards...

** Then there is still the "fullname" version "letter N" /5 on ebay right now... that I want.. I'm only 3 letters away from completing that set.. which should be easier, sicne there are 5 of each card... but that guy wants $209 for it.. They have have an automatic decline on "offers". I offered $60 & 75... Don't think the seller even looked at my offer.. oh, well...

really thinking about selling off my Bynum "letters" but will keep one "cityname" Lakers letter... so at least I can spell Lakers for my PC.. Would love to have one "letter" of each Lakers player from 2008-09 SPA...
*United States Navy*

still trying to get the BYNUM letter "N" off ebay... but not paying $200 for it.. maybe $80... oh, well.. wait & see... there are 4 more out there somewhere...

still looking for Farmar Letter/patches...

just received another letter "L" for Luke Walton... getting closer to completing his 'nameset'

wish me luck..
*United States Navy*