`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-11 Donruss Box Break, Missing Hit, Replacements in 7-10

RE: 10-11 Donruss Box Break, Missing Hit, Replacements in 7-10
(07-19-2011, 12:06 PM)drtithof Wrote: Nice replacements. Interesting they sent you the Dejuan Blair though considering that it is not a redemption because I recently pulled that card from some packs of Classics from the lcs.
i dont understand why they do that, unless they just hold back specific cards to give out as replacements, i especially hate when i see ud give out a jordan auto thats 3-4 years old as a replacement, when it should have been in packs.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

dude you got a pretty good deal with those replacements.

(07-19-2011, 03:54 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i dont understand why they do that, unless they just hold back specific cards to give out as replacements, i especially hate when i see ud give out a jordan auto thats 3-4 years old as a replacement, when it should have been in packs.
I didn't know they did that. I imagined they print /999 so they distribute 999, suppose I was wrong in that. In case of S# cards it kind of makes you wonder what's the difference between the print run and the actual circulation. How many do they keep out of circulation for future replacements?

(07-22-2011, 02:13 AM)folkertino Wrote: dude you got a pretty good deal with those replacements.

I didn't know they did that. I imagined they print /999 so they distribute 999, suppose I was wrong in that. In case of S# cards it kind of makes you wonder what's the difference between the print run and the actual circulation. How many do they keep out of circulation for future replacements?
These are just my thoughts, I don't know if this is even a possibility.

For them to distribute cases, the sellers have to have paid for the cases. They probably hold 1 or 2 cases (maybe more, who knows) or maybe some didn't sell and they hold them for replacements. I would severely hope that they don't just have extra serially numbered cards, especially AU and GU, laying around. That would be very upsetting. Imagine seeing two of the same card, same serial number and all, being on eBay or even the Marketplace at the same time from two different parts of the world. I don't think that'd be good. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

that wold raise alot of red flags if that happened xstream.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Had a situation with Topps before where I pulled a 1/1 jersey card that stated it was an authentic ticket stub as well. Did some research on bay to look at other cards of the same player and they all had the same ticket stub. It occurred at last year's national and we took it to Topps' booth and brought it to their attention.. They didn't really say too much about it and brushed it off as not that big of a deal. It makes you wonder if any authentic memorabilia from a card is actually legitimate. I will post a scan of the card when I get home if I remember and a link to the same card that is not a 1/1 if there are any on the bay.

nice Hassan whiteside i am a huge kings fan i was mad when he got hurt this year.

1. Legally the card companies must leave some hits out of packs to cover the NPN (no purchase necessary) requirements that most states have when selling cards. If not enough people enter the NPN then those hits are held over for replacement purposes.

2. All card companies do QC (quality control) this often simply consists of a few employees randomly pulling boxes or cases from the production and opening them to make sure that the stated number of hits are in the said box or case. The hits they pull are put aside for replacement purposes.

Very nice replacements IMO.
WHY N0T?
[Image: 2gv4ftd.jpg]