`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$12,300: Jordan Signed RC Auction Ends

$12,300: Jordan Signed RC Auction Ends
UPDATE MAY 24: This auction ended with a winning bid of $12,300.

The crown jewel of basketball cards has finally surfaced, and sold in an online auction for $12,300 Wednesday. Inserted as a random autograph exchange card in 2006-07 Fleer (exchange cards did not reveal which player would be returned upon redemption), collectors have been waiting nearly four months for Michael Jordan’s autographed Fleer Rookie Card to hit the open market.

Since the announcement of the autograph program and the release of 2006-07 Fleer basketball, Upper Deck has been tight-lipped about how many copies Michael Jordan was slated to sign of what could become the most sought-after modern-era basketball card. The inquiries can now rest as the card is hand-numbered to 23 copies.

Aside from the Jordan autograph and serial number, the only alteration of the original 1986-87 Fleer card is an Upper Deck Authentication sticker. Also redeemed with the card is a certificate of authenticity with a matching Upper Deck Authentication sticker. The certificate of authenticity states the card was personally signed by Michael Jordan and is now being "re-issued for your collecting pleasure,” a huge understatement considering this card had the potential to dethrone LeBron James’ 2003-04 Exquisite Collection (currently valued at $13,000) as the most expensive ungraded basketball card ever.

The completed eBay auction can be viewed here: Michael Jordan.

-Keith Hower

RE: $12,300: Jordan Signed RC Auction Ends
I am bored at work.... But now I am curious to know how much these cards actually went for?
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

You would be lucky to find one of these for less than $10K. Still.

There are more out there like the one that seawolf has that were autographed at MJ's basketball camp. They were not issued by UD and are not #'d though. They still bring near enough to that $10K price. Maybe a grand or two less on occasion.

I just can't imagine having more than $2,000 in a card even if I was in a higher tax bracket. Nothing modern anyway.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I have seen these pop up on the bay for a long time now. I don't think this is breaking news.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(08-25-2011, 05:46 PM)quavis Wrote: I have seen these pop up on the bay for a long time now. I don't think this is breaking news.
The OP is dated 05-24-07.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Ha! I never look at that for some reason. I guess its because people usually don'tbring up 4 year old topics. Cant we find something current to talk about?
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

article is from 2007... I wonder how many actually hit the market so far... how many sold? I bet everybody that received one would get it graded.. how many UD employes gave them to their friends to sale on the secondary market?

Wish I could pick one up myself..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(08-25-2011, 05:53 PM)quavis Wrote: Ha! I never look at that for some reason. I guess its because people usually don'tbring up 4 year old topics. Cant we find something current to talk about?
I'm pretty sure sales are a current topic, but that may just be me.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(08-25-2011, 11:49 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: I'm pretty sure sales are a current topic, but that may just be me.
+1

I thought Jordan RC were still a hot topic.... I guess not...
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

Here is a more recent auction I found of the card in the OP.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/19...-127236926