Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanted: 1990-91 NBA Hoops Michael Jordan #65 & story

Hey everyone,

first time posting here.   Use to collect cards for about 15 years (mostly baseball but dabbled in other sports) but stopped in the mid 90s.  what I considered the holy grail of my collection (which years later I became more realistic and consider it more just..an awesome card that I held onto that may have some value to it).

I pulled it from a pack of cards around the age of 11 while playing "war" with packs of 90 hoops cards with the local card vendor at the flea market my parents ran an electronic booth at on the weekends.   after I won a couple packs of cards went back and were sorting and loading them into my binder.   upon flipping over a page saw I had an NFL pro set card in my binder.   I had no interest in football then and never bought cards so pulled it out to see how it snuck its way in there...  low and behold the front of the card was Michael Jordan.

anyway kept it stored away safely and just recently decided to unearth it and get it graded when I found another wrongback error of the same card online and picked it up.

so now that I have both graded I am looking to pick up a graded regular version of the card, as well as any other random errors or variations anyone might have. (blank back, wrongback, doubleprinted front/back/etc)

(Unfortunately for me the centering is so insanely off on the back of the card the centering of 4 tanked the overall score of the card to 5.5,  but the average on the other 3 subs were 8.5  so all in all a beautiful card, with horrible centering on the back Smile  luckily the centering does not matter to me as the appeal of the card is the fact it has a pro set card on the back anyway!

attached is a link to a photo of both cards front/back and grades Wink

looking for: BGS 8 or better of the card (preferably 9/9.5), or a PSA 10 for a reasonable price.   there is one 9.5 on ebay but the person has an absolutely ridiculous buy it now price on it.

anyway thanks for reading, and please do not contact me if you have the regular ungraded version of the card as I have a few of those just looking to pick up a decent graded to go alongside my two!   do however feel free to get in touch if you have any other errors of this card.   someone picked up two blank backs of it for a buck on ebay that i missed out on so I am sure others out there have more!

http://i29.tinypic.com/dgii9x.jpg />
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I have about 70 some of this years upper deck errors where the name on the front isnt the same as the player on the back and in the picture Kevin Garnett/ Carmelo, Derek Fisher/Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade/ John Salmons etc send me a pm if you're interested

I have that Jordan in a regular card. I think those are some cool error cards.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

spaynter5 Wrote:I have about 70 some of this years upper deck errors where the name on the front isnt the same as the player on the back and in the picture Kevin Garnett/ Carmelo, Derek Fisher/Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade/ John Salmons etc send me a pm if you're interested

thanks for the reply back, not currently interested in any other basketball cards but literally variations and a decent grade normal version of this one.

not even really a fan of basketball much outside of college  just slowly getting my feet wet in cards again... it is a whole different beast these days! my whole things shifted since the 90s!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

TMakAct7 Wrote:I have that Jordan in a regular card. I think those are some cool error cards.

thanks!  yeah not sure if it would be the most valuable of what I had from those 15 years, but it is definitely top of my list for coolest card I ever pulled.   Even has more personal significance due to it being pulled from warring with packs from my favorite card vendor from childhood.   use to waste every bit of spare cash I made hanging out with that guy down in Atlanta!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

bumped back up, still looking for either a:
BGS 9
BGS 9.5
or
PSA 10

of the 1990-91 NBA hoops Michael Jordan #65

also here is a high quality scan of the two error cards i posted the story about Smile

Click To Enlarge

1/1's (28/72 39%)

bumping back to the top, still looking for a BGS 9.5 or PSA 10 of this card normal with no errors!   also if anyone has any blank back or fronted variation of this particular card hit me up.

I know two months ago i missed out on 2 blank backs of this card  with 2 other cards in an auction that only went for a dollar.  would love to pick a blank back up to go with these!

currently stalking a 9.5 ending tonight,   and the only other one that is on ebay has a ridiculously overpriced BIN price ($250 LOL)

1/1's (28/72 39%)

how in the world did that thing get a 4 for centering? is it because of the back of the card, the front looks decent.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

yeah I didn't think the back of the cards were taken into account nearly as much as the fronts for grading centering, but I guess with it being that far off it did :/  I still thought with that back it would get a 6 or so.

bummer since the other 3 grades for the card (the three that matter on this kind of card if you ask me... its an 8.5 if you don't count that centering!)

won that 9.5 BGS on ebay  $20.50  but reserve not met.. mailed the seller  they would let it go for  $100.

couldn't help but laugh and say no thank you.
1/1's (28/72 39%)

RE: wanted: 1990-91 NBA Hoops Michael Jordan #65 & story
bumping up from faaaaaaaaaaaaaar beyond the grave.... anyone got any variations of this card? still on the prowl as per usual!
1/1's (28/72 39%)