`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Old cards get the same treatment as new, generally speaking. There are some timeframes where the price guide's high column is for a lower grade.

The table and information appears on the first page of the price guide in every issue. In the latest issue of Beckett Baseball, it's on Page 32.
(04-12-2011, 12:44 PM)jkalia Wrote: How can I find the price of a card? I checked this months beckett, and it is not listed due to scarcity (only 10 exist). I attempted to purchase the list price from beckett.com but it was not available. Any suggestions?
Cards with print runs below 25 are typically not priced. The ranges are based on actual sales figures.
(04-11-2011, 06:45 PM)battey Wrote: I just inherited over 4,000 cards...I am being completely serious and I have no iea where to even begin. I know there is alot of money to be made off all these cards.
They include every sport, non sport, etc. Where should I start???

Can you help?
Thanks
Battey
Your best bet is to either start searching here via on online price guide or with one of our annual books that have more-complete listings.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

chris if i get the diamond nick swisher.in my digging i will give you a heads up maybe we can tade.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

What does MEM stand for in the price guide?

I'm trying to find out the print run for the Cooperstown Calling autographs out of 2007 Upper Deck Series 2 baseball. I recently picked up a Carl Crawford, but I've never seen another card from set. Any idea how many were made?

I don't quite know what to make of this, but in 1989 Upper Deck, Gary Pettis #117 was shown on the front holding a copy of his..what else? 1989 Upper Deck card. Now I realize that it isn't the exact back as was printed normally, but in my case, there was no back at all. In other words I have one with a blank back. Was that common? Or is it a rare error card no one ever said anything about?

Can anyone tell me if #116 Felipe paulino, 125 Carlos Muniz, 137 Jeff Clement, and 144 Justin Maxwell from the 2008 spx baseball were ever made? Have been searching for these since the set first came out in 2008 but no luck . Bought I saw 2. Of these posted a long time ago but then when I looked again, they were gone.....thanks for all your help, its greatly appreciated.
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(04-25-2011, 12:20 AM)kykid4uk Wrote: I'm trying to find out the print run for the Cooperstown Calling autographs out of 2007 Upper Deck Series 2 baseball. I recently picked up a Carl Crawford, but I've never seen another card from set. Any idea how many were made?
If there was an announced print run, it would be noted with the set or card listing on Beckett.com. If not, the company never disclosed it.
(04-19-2011, 02:25 PM)tourjee Wrote: What does MEM stand for in the price guide?
There are abbreviations used for subsets or special cards from time to time in set listings. I would have to see which one you are looking at to know for sure.

However, a likely possibility is that you're looking at a memorabilia card.
(04-26-2011, 12:38 AM)raeann4510 Wrote: I don't quite know what to make of this, but in 1989 Upper Deck, Gary Pettis #117 was shown on the front holding a copy of his..what else? 1989 Upper Deck card. Now I realize that it isn't the exact back as was printed normally, but in my case, there was no back at all. In other words I have one with a blank back. Was that common? Or is it a rare error card no one ever said anything about?
Blank backs happen from time to time in all products. However, they are considered to be misprinted cards. They are not cataloged because they could happen at any time on any card in any amount.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I posted in another thread about 2010 Bowman Chrome. In a couple packs I purchased I got a Mark Reynolds and Chris Tillman refractor with no refractor color. Is this a known error and not fixed?
Collect Will Clark, Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, Carl Crawford

(05-01-2011, 03:59 PM)patricksb4 Wrote: I posted in another thread about 2010 Bowman Chrome. In a couple packs I purchased I got a Mark Reynolds and Chris Tillman refractor with no refractor color. Is this a known error and not fixed?
Likely just a misprinted card.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Chris, maybe you could help me get to the bottom of the missing 2008 spx cards? There are 4 I cannot find anywheres. Have been looking since they came out in 2008 and nothing. Where these 4 cards ever produced? They are listed in the Beckett guide but can't find them anywheres. Thanks for the help.
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++