Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
nittany13 Wrote:1998 Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof Sets<br />
These are 1 of 1 serial numbered cards that I believe were distributed at that year's national card show convention. I have only seen versions of these for the Playoff Contenders brand, but that doesn't mean that similar Proof sets exist for other Playoff brands coming out that year (I doubt it though). I am not sure that every main and insert set for the 1998 Playoff Contenders had a Proof Set version, although I am inclined they do exist, but these I at least can confirm:<br />
<br />
I think I remember seeing singles from the 1998 Leather and Rookie Stallions Proof Sets being sold online at one time years ago as well.
<br />
Actually this set was auctioned off by Playoff at the 1999 Hawaii Trade Show which Dave and Adam Card World won for $27,000 (give or take a $1k or $2k). It was for the complete set (base, parallels and inserts), so every card in this set has a "Proof Set 1 of 1" parallel. They sold it off fairly quickly and in HUGE batches. Most are in private collections which is why they aren't offered often.<br />
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by jaderock - 02-13-2010, 01:52 AM