IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Vintage Coke Caps (1964, 1965, 1966, 1971) <br />
<br />
These are simply bottle caps found on Coke products. From 1964 to 1966 there were numerous individual mini sets of these made for players of virtually every team, All-Stars and team logos. It is pointless to list every set that was made during this span since they are all documented in the 2004 Beckett annual price guide (the most recent one that I own) anyway and perhaps even in the 2009 one (don’t own it – don’t know for sure). As far as I know one of all of these from the main set are listed in the online database registry, however only that one version in question is for each set. The price guide that I own says there are in fact many parallels in existence depending on the set. The differences between the caps are the various Coke soft drink beverages that the caps are from, and some are even much scarcer than others. <br />
<br />
1964 - as many as three versions: Coke, King Coke, Sprite <br />
<br />
1965 – as many as five: Coke, King Coke, Sprite, Tab, Fanta <br />
<br />
1966 – as many as six: Coke, King Coke, Sprite, Tab, Fanta, Fresca <br />
<br />
1971 – that year there was only a Packers team set made, a regular Coke cap and a “twist-off” version. The latter is priced a little higher.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 11-18-2009, 02:41 AM