`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(06-08-2015, 06:51 PM)jjoy Wrote: I realize you can't feel the Canton Bound cards but I can and it has more of a dufex feel like the 1994 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle cards that Beckett recognizes. That is why I don't think it's a printing error. Yes I realize plastic cards do fade but the Edge FX ones I have scanned are not faded. The back is more opaque on one and more translucent on the other. That is not from fading.

Dufex is the starburst foiling technology that is featured on all 4 cards you have pictured. The 1994 shows the different versions because each side could be found either flat foiled or with the dufex technology. The fact that you have stated the "feel" is different just adds to the fact that they were printing errors, or potentially proofs testing the color runs on the plates. You can tell the card is missing a color in the image based on the football being gold and missing the red tones to make it brown, the skin tones and the Select logo.

Also, you are correct on the Edge cards. I spoke too quickly and did not notice the player backing. Ginge01 is correct in stating they are the white backs. That Edge Tech set is one hell of a doozy with all the variants.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by Marinocollector - 06-22-2015, 05:31 AM