`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
I vividly remember when I first saw these Extra Points cards listed in the OPG. I thought they were simply parallels to the base cards. As a result I spent a lot of time looking over Action Packed base cards listed online in the hopes that I would find one with the words "Extra Points" typed on the front, or something to that effect.

Actually the picture example prize 1/1 die mold, which is what the winner of these prize cards actually wins, that I referred to earlier is on page 2 of this thread (I knew it was on here somewhere). It was listed online at the time so no, I do not own it.
(08-20-2014, 10:34 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Yes.

It is. My K-Mart only had one blaster. I didnt buy it because I didnt like the foil variance from the Hobby set. I am searching for the Sam Madison myself.
I would venture a guess less than 100 sets were made based on the lack of availability.
If these variations were indeed intentionally printed and purposely distributed by Donruss/Leaf for this retail chain as an exclusive, and I currently believe all that to be true, I would imagine that there would have been many more than just 100 printed of each base card. If that be the case I would be willing to bet there are many collectors out there somewhere sitting on a big stash of these variations, stowed away in their common boxes, and are not even aware of it.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 08-22-2014, 06:45 AM