`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(05-14-2011, 05:40 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Mr Nittany 13, thanks for your kind words, I'm pleased that some of the fellow collectors like the post that try to fill the gaps on cards not yet included in the Price Guide.

Regarding the White Rose cards, I think because some years are listed, all years should be listed.
2004 Ultra Hummer (non Lucky 13) version being an example where no information could cause buyers to overpay on non True RC's and never be aware. For some of the years to be included but others ignored, it's inconsistent.
Press Pass using regular 2010 Prestige, 2009 Score cards, there is no need to list those, they is no difference in the cards. I assume there must be a memorabilia listing somewhere that says which players cards were with those cars, I don't think that needs to live in the football price guide.

Cardzillions, agreed, your suggestion of "Collector's Choice Cardzillions Minis" is an improvement on the price guide name. They are variants in picture framing, card sizing and card numbering of 1996 or 1997 Collector's Choice which was made by Upper Deck. Calling them Collector's Choice Cardzillions is more descriptive, I wish a few lines of explanation could at least be added to my old favorite, the paper Annual Price Guide book.
Yes, very 20th century but I love my book shelf of Annual Price Guides from the current #27 back to #12, printed when the rookie class were your Nittany Lions #1 overall Ki Jana Carter & #5 overall Kerry Collins. I still remember that draft day, we Jets fans went crazy when DT Warren Sapp was passed over for a 3rd Nittany Lion #9 overall pick TE Kyle Brady. Oh well, it's all history now.

The Score Premiere Club cards, WOW, Jets were unimpressive in that era so no teamsets, never seen one before. They are impressive cards.

Once again, thanks for your kind words Nittany13
You are very welcome. That 1995 class was the core of that 1994 undefeated team. It's a shame that Ki-Jana suffered a very severe leg injury during the preseason because he was never the same again - what could have been.

The Kyle Brady pick was not that terrible of a pick...compared to Blair Thomas anyway from years prior - ouch.

BTW you may want to check out my other thread about the 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions if you have not already.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 05-14-2011, 10:33 PM