Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
jaderock Wrote:
GINGE01 Wrote:Thanks Dan for the adding of the 2008 Score Factory Updates, I hope there are 31 other team collectors that can send in to Beckett information to update their teams also.<br />
<br />
Is it going to be possible to add the other three Jets Score Factory update glossy variations that were only available in the Blister Packs <br />
216 Glossy Calvin Pace...........(from blister packs)<br />
106 Glossy Brett Favre............(from blister packs)<br />
336 Glossy Vernon Gholston....(from blister packs) <br />
<br />
I did a search on ebay, there is a different Jets 2008 Score blister pack, different packaging, with Leon Washington on the front. That contained non glossy cards, the same as the card in packs.<br />
<br />
A search on Amazon shows the Blister Pack with Favre on the front which I wrote about, but only for the Jets. Did Donruss create this blister pack for the Jets for the purpose of selling a Favre card in a Jets uniform at a time when there was great demand for Favre cards in a Jets uniform and created the 3 new cards above as unique (Factory Update glossy) cards.
<br />
Joe,<br />
That's alot of detective work you did on the variants.<br />
<br />
As for Donruss purposely doing it for the collectors...I'm sure that was the intention, but it certainly wasn't marketed very well if that is the case.
<br />
<br />
Jaderock, I know that Donruss did not promote the 2008 Super Bowl sets very well either after that, the pale blue glossy was promoted on their website, it was very hard to find information on the 5 other colored versions they made, green, gold, red, blue and black and what were the print runs as only the pale blue glossy were numbered. I tracked down all 6 versions, maybe I expect too much but it would be nice if they told collectors in advance with more fanfare, I like Score products for the Jets so I have 10-12 versions of the 2008 cards with base, glossy, factory set, gold zone and the 6 Super Bowl variants. Having a website is great, it gives collectors more uptodate information, the downside, we expect more and more uptodate information, the old days of finding information from a local LCS and sport collectors digest have gone, we're forever going to live in the internet world.<br />
Maybe Donruss pushed out the updated 2008 Score Jets mini team set and it was only supposed to be retail, but collectors buy those also, we will probably buy more if we know it's out there. It was a surprise to me when it suddenly appeared on ebay one day, a bigger surprise to find them glossy and on checking the 2006 &amp; 2007 factory sets finding them non glossy, buying the 2008 factory set and they were also non glossy and realizing that the blister pack mini set were variants that nobody had informed collectors about.<br />
<br />
We supercollectors probably drive the card companies nuts with our micro detailing and questioning, wanting a version of everything but that's who we are<br />

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by GINGE01 - 06-25-2010, 03:27 PM