`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
Radarblip,

Despite this thread's title, I believe it is primarily focused on variations, and not errors. I agree, the "INC." and "INC" variations were intentional, and probably done to denote different printing presses or press runs. We're not saying that one version was done in error and the other was done to correct that error. We're not even saying one is more valuable or rare than the other. Instead, we are player collectors with a goal of obtaining every unique card for our players. Sure, the INC. vs. INC and * vs. ** cards are very different than the famous Craig Nettles or Bob Apodaca error cards, but that doesn't mean they're any less collectible. Well, to us, anyway.

In a way, these are similar to the parallel cards that are so common today. They are nearly identical cards produced in two (or more) parallel versions.

I personally would like to see this thread stay away from listing individual errors and corrected versions. Those cards deserve their own thread, and combining the two will simply confuse and clutter the issue for both. Several posts in this thread already discuss individual errors and corrections, but I'd hope that we can keep this to *variations* and not errors.

Perhaps the original poster can change the thread title and remove the reference to errors.

Just my opinion...

Drew

Messages In This Thread
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by The BGS & PSA9 Collector, ThoseBackPages - 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector - 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Thrill 22 - 02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by www*amazingheroes*com - 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR - 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by detroittigerfan1976 - 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Therion (The Sanguinary Strosfan) - 06-05-2008, 07:54 AM