`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
jacksoncoupage Wrote:
poptest Wrote:Hello, this is a great and informative thread. Anyone ever seen this error/variation before? This is from the 1997 Donruss Signature Baseball Platinum Press Proof Set. Heres the normal version:

[Image: 1998df.jpg]
Front

[Image: 1998db.jpg]
Back

Now for the error/variation:

[Image: 98alouvarfr.jpg]
Front

[Image: 98alouvar.jpg]
Back

The error being that the Alou doesn't have the Press Proof markings/stamping on the front. Looks just like a normal base till you look on the back and see the 1 of 150 print. I remember there being an article in Beckett mentioning this error/variation but I dont recall which edition. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this.

So at first I thought this was just a "missed step in the foil process" type of thing but it looks as though the front did receive it's foil treatment-but it got the base card foil logo. Very interesting.

This is the first of this variation I have seen. I'd like to hear of any other examples of it. This would definitely affect many of the board members' PCs.

No its definately a legit variation and not a "missed step in the foil process". Like I mentioned there was a small article in Beckett about it. Maybe if a fellow member has some Beckett magazines from 1997 to maybe early 1998 they can look it up to confirm this.

As far as tracking these down I'm sure there are out there mixed in with other commons due to the lack of markings/knowledge of their existence.

Messages In This Thread
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by The BGS & PSA9 Collector, ThoseBackPages - 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector - 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by poptest - 02-20-2008, 08:53 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by www*amazingheroes*com - 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR - 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by detroittigerfan1976 - 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Therion (The Sanguinary Strosfan) - 06-05-2008, 07:54 AM