`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
HawkHOF Wrote:Quick question: What is the 1990 Upper Deck Ben McDonald w/White Circle on front? Do you happen to have a scan? And is there any other unlisted variations to look for in 1990 Upper Deck? I just got a ton of this stuff. Thanks

I do not have a scan, in fact, I have never actually seen this card but it is listed in Dick Gilkeson's error and variation guide. Back when that guide was written, he based a lot of info off of xerox's that readers/collectors sent in to him which leads me to my theory: the 1990 Upper Deck cards were often erased in certain areas and sold by shady dealers as the next "big" error card. It's likely that Gilkeson received multiple xerox's from collectors that purchased these.

On the other hand, the Ben McDonald card was already affected by a variation in it's logo on front and it would be entirely possible that a "transitional" version with no logo in the circle was produced, either errantly or as a proof of sorts for the designers at Upper Deck. Bottom line is, the only info I have on this card is it's brief listing in that error guide.

As far as unlisted 1990 UD errors go, card #101-199 can be found without their copyrights on back. Card #702 can be found with Mike Witt pictured (yankees uniform) and a large black rectangle on back. Good luck with that one and don't hesitate to PM if you land it.

Messages In This Thread
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by The BGS & PSA9 Collector, ThoseBackPages - 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector - 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by jacksoncoupage - 03-13-2008, 05:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by www*amazingheroes*com - 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR - 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by detroittigerfan1976 - 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Therion (The Sanguinary Strosfan) - 06-05-2008, 07:54 AM