`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
toadfan106 Wrote:
Thrill 22 Wrote:FYI, I firmly believe that not ALL 1988 Donruss cards have border variations. I busted a sealed set about a year ago, and only the Will Clark DK was different than the stack of duplicates I had at home. Now, it's possible I had 15 factory singles and no wax, but that's highly unlikely.)

I was starting to wonder about the border variations in 1988 Donruss and where they were available from. I was always under the assumption that all of the cards had a different border configuration from packs and factory sets. I busted tons of wax, cello and racks over the years (who didn't) as well as acquiring a bunch of them from a friend and I could never figure out why some of the cards had border variations and some didn't. I just chalked it up to somehow getting some factory set cards from some source mixed in. I bought a factory set about a year ago, broke it down just to make sure and still had some cards without border variations. (This is before I was aware of the back variations) I compared a few of the factory set cards to the Cubs team set I have in sealed cello packs and they have the same borders. Is it possible that not all of the cards have a border variation but do have differences in printing on the back? I think my head is going to explode with all these new variations to go look for.

The 1989-90 Dick Gilkeson Error and Variation guide says that all cards except the Puzzle card and the Ripken brothers can be found with the switched border design. I have found there to be a few mistakes in that otherwise accurate book so it's quite possible that not all cards are affected by this variation. Someone may want to try contacting the "oddball mall" website that has been dealing with these for years now.

Messages In This Thread
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by The BGS & PSA9 Collector, ThoseBackPages - 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector - 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by jacksoncoupage - 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by www*amazingheroes*com - 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR - 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by detroittigerfan1976 - 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Therion (The Sanguinary Strosfan) - 06-05-2008, 07:54 AM