`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Trout rookie cards

RE: Question about Trout rookie cards
(03-31-2020, 02:04 PM)cspen Wrote: I'm also surprised that he wasn't in Topps series 2.

I do not know this as factual, but I suspect that series I is planned and put to press way before spring training begins. I suspect that series 2 begins production either just before or right when spring training starts. Production time has to be done so far in advance that there is little they can change, with the exception of adding a #661 ssp card into series 1 or 2 (I think they did that with either Harper or Darvish circa 2012/2013)
Series 1, Opening Day, and Heritage are on the shelves before the regular season starts. The only Topps general releases after the season are GQ, A&G, Archives. I am sure I am missing some Topps and all the Bowman products. But you kinda know what I am getting at. The only series that can really monitor the seasons progression is Update, which I suspect starts production immediately after the All Star Game.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 03-30-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 03-30-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 03-31-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by DrMitchJ - 04-01-2020, 10:15 AM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM