`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diagonal Centering How To Grade?

RE: Diagonal Centering How To Grade?
(12-06-2015, 02:07 PM)twalters1984 Wrote: I was looking at similar cards on eBay. I realize that PSA is a different company than Beckett, but I looked at this and was like, my centering/tilt is better than this card and it got rated Mint?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-TOPPS-480-T...Sw8-tWXo45

Would love to hear some feedback from somebody that does grading at Beckett to see how they handle tilt compared to other companies.

twalters1984;
Yes, the centering and tilt are absolutely horrendous on that PSA 9 (OC) example but you have to look at all the subgrades. The corners are incredibly sharp, edges very nice and surface looks great. On your example, the edges and corners are very worn (mainly corners) which would kill the overall grade.

nolan5000,

click the link that "twalters" posted.

Look at the border of the card on all four sides. The border is supposed to be even on all four sides but in his example the border is wider on one side and gets smaller as the border goes down. And of course on the other side of the card the border is wider on the bottom and gets smaller as it goes up towards the top of the card. This is called a "tilt" or "diamond cut".
Sorry if that's unclear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diagonal Centering How To Grade? - by altz11 - 12-05-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Diagonal Centering How To Grade? - by altz11 - 12-06-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: Diagonal Centering How To Grade? - by altz11 - 12-11-2015, 12:25 AM