`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggio, Smoltz, Pedro and Big Unit are in

RE: Biggio, Smoltz, Pedro and Big Unit are in
Oh, no man. I dont even consider this an argument. Dont take offense to anything I say. I like discussing, even arguing different points of view. I like getting in good discussions with different beliefs. I like hearing others points and views on anything baseball. I've said it before, I dont like talking on line very much because you cant see any emotion. I will use any information I may have in an argument or discussion to prove a point, as I expect others to do the same. I will never hold a grudge with someone because they think differently than I do and have a different point of view. That would never come in the way of a trade, or even a friendship.
But, as I was saying before, you really can't compare positions. First base has always been a power position, while second base has been a finesse position. And I'm not saying this as a personal belief, this is predominantly how it's viewed and voted on. Even more so now that Sabermetrics are so relevant.
Also, dont get power hitter get confused with great hitter. Gehringer and Lajoie dont have as many home runs combined as Kent. I know times were different and fields larger, but I've never heard of either referred to as power hitters. He had more homeruns than any of them and only Hornsby had more rbi, and if I remember correctly, it was only a handful. Sandberg had about 500 less rbi, and was in no way a power hitter, having 200 and change in the homerun department.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggio, Smoltz, Pedro and Big Unit are in - by Hofcollector - 01-06-2015, 09:13 PM