`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Will Be At My Local Card Shop Thursday, To Grade Or Not To Grade......

RE: Beckett Will Be At My Local Card Shop Thursday, To Grade Or Not To Grade......
Would not grade unless those are pc pulls forever. For example if your kid pulled and it was his first hit and you want to keep to remind you of it forever. Also I grade anything $150 + that I think I my want to keep just so it is protected. And of course if it will increase the value of the item. Hope that helps

RE: Beckett Will Be At My Local Card Shop Thursday, To Grade Or Not To Grade......
(03-03-2014, 07:04 PM)once78 Wrote: And of course if it will increase the value of the item. Hope that helps
not necessarily...raw will sell better than an 8 or 8.5 for new stuff
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(03-03-2014, 09:59 PM)iconms Wrote: not necessarily...raw will sell better than an 8 or 8.5 for new stuff
That is the best reason I can say for NOT getting them graded!
I have never been a fan of graded cards, especially if they are recent releases. The only cards that I would ever consider getting graded are true vintage cards. If it is not older than 1980, I would not bother getting it graded. New cards tend to fare much worse in grades b/c of the thicker stock and consistent chipping of the edges/corners.
I have thousands of MLB cards from 1910 to 2013, but there are only about 5 that I would consider getting graded. None of them were made after the year 1999!