Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for cards from HOCKEYGOD

RE: Looking for cards from HOCKEYGOD
Thanks Randi! B_Smooth any new info?
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Guys, just contact your local police, and if enough of you file a joint report they will look into it ... they actually can and do help with this stuff ... I got a card back last summer that way.

As the officer who got my card back explained to me, "there's stuff that we deal with every day that won't ever go away (break-ins, stolen cars, etc.), so when we do get a chance to help somebody directly with little stuff like this, we do it."

Good thing he showed up at the guy's house that day ... the guy had already put my card up on eBay.

But once the police showed up, he forked it over, no problems/questions asked.

The officer mailed it back to me, safe and sound.

Actually going and confronting someone is beyond dangerous ... if they're "off" enough to steal hockey cards, you can't put too much else past them.

Let the mods and police handle it, as hard as it may be to do that.

(07-16-2013, 06:36 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Guys, just contact your local police, and if enough of you file a joint report they will look into it ... they actually can and do help with this stuff ... I got a card back last summer that way.

As the officer who got my card back explained to me, "there's stuff that we deal with every day that won't ever go away (break-ins, stolen cars, etc.), so when we do get a chance to help somebody directly with little stuff like this, we do it."

Good thing he showed up at the guy's house that day ... the guy had already put my card up on eBay.

But once the police showed up, he forked it over, no problems/questions asked.

The officer mailed it back to me, safe and sound.

Actually going and confronting someone is beyond dangerous ... if they're "off" enough to steal hockey cards, you can't put too much else past them.

Let the mods and police handle it, as hard as it may be to do that.
I had actually thought about contacting the Peterborough Police. Anybody else want to call as well?

Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

(07-16-2013, 08:42 PM)roussy35 Wrote: I had actually thought about contacting the Peterborough Police. Anybody else want to call as well?
Yeah, seriously, if you get 3-4 people in on it with you, they will look into it ... it's technically mail fraud, which is actually a crime.

I haven't taken contract law in a while, but I would imagine the agreements reached on these forums and private messages constitute a binding contract in which consideration is set by both parties. Violation of an agreed upon contract is punishable.

Again, don't hold me to it. If you're trading a Mike Ricci rookie card, probably not worth it. But vintage rookies with significant value is worth chasing.

Anybody have any updates? I'm going to call the Peterborough police department.
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

I have put it forth to the Admin Staff and he has been suspended. I know that this is a very small consolation for the huge rip-off that this guy has done, but it is all that Beckett can offer right now. I do hope that all of you band together to report Mike about this incident, as he has acquired a lot of cards and is on the benchmark of felony charges. Please let me know how things develop, and nobody back down from this guy. Get him out of our hobby!

Randi

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, just a quick update. I contacted the Peterborough Police department and they instructed me to contact my local police department. The lady was kind of rude about it. She said that I had to contact my local department and if they wanted to contact the Peterborough department then they could. So........this could take a while.

It may help to have some names to give to my local department so anyone still waiting for cards that have shipped theirs to this guy, send me a PM with your name and address. just in case my local PD needs them to pursue.
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

(07-22-2013, 02:24 PM)roussy35 Wrote: Ok, ladies and gentlemen, just a quick update. I contacted the Peterborough Police department and they instructed me to contact my local police department. The lady was kind of rude about it.
Do you remember when we were kids and in school they taught us that police officers were our friends and that we should go to them for help? Seems a little different now that we're adults, doesn't it?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(07-22-2013, 03:04 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Do you remember when we were kids and in school they taught us that police officers were our friends and that we should go to them for help? Seems a little different now that we're adults, doesn't it?
Yeah it does. I was like wow, uncalled for. Sorry for "assuming" I should call the local authorities of the town/city that I actually mailed to.
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%