`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Postal Rates--maybe some help

US Postal Rates--maybe some help
To help out our US friends...I received two trades in the mail today. They are in the identical bubble mailer and both have postage labels printed right at the post office. The weight is almost identical, the size, shape and thickness almost identical. One has $7.35 postage and the other...the slightly larger one...has $2.45!! If I scan the labels (I'll clip out any personal addresses that can be seen) and post them do you think that anything on the labels will help you guys with Canadian shipping? The labels look identical to me but some of the small numbers under the price are different. Maybe it is the serial number for the service used for cheaper shipping?
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

RE: US Postal Rates--maybe some help
Would be interesting to see. I might take them to one of my post offices and ask the employee to tell us why if we don't see anything too obvious.

What are the dates on the packages? The rates changed over a weekend a couple weeks ago and international postage doubled or worse.

Postal Rates went up on Jan 27 I believe, and the packages are Feb 8 (cheap) and Feb 12 (not cheap)

Almost identical weight and size aren't the same as identical. The USPS is stupid like that and rates can jump a lot with just the smallest difference.

Have the differences---the cheaper is shipped International large envelope. It has no customs sticker and is also stamped FIRST CLASS in red. The more expensive was sent International Small Package and has a green customs sticker. Go with International large envelope when you guys can.

It sounds like the one who was charged $2.45 shipped your item as an envelope without a rigid object inside. If he had shipped it as having a rigid object, it would have had to have been sent as a First Class International package and the rate would have been $7.35.
Collecting Doug Waechter (118/149), Jared Sandberg (107/125), 1994-95 BB Michael Jordan (69/89), 1977-1997 Eddie Murray (877/943), and Bo Jackson BB/FB 1986-1995 (447/486), 2007 Fleer Mini Gold (126/370). Only completing trades with something on my lists.

It also depends on what the sender claimed was inside the package.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I thought all packages going to Canada had to have a customs form attached? The lack of a form could be why it ended up way cheaper.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(02-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I thought all packages going to Canada had to have a customs form attached? The lack of a form could be why it ended up way cheaper.
The lack of the green sticker is the only difference in the package so that has to be it. So for those that can do it, and it is a lower end trade where you don't feel the need to track it etc..., International envelope is the way to go.