`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
COMC Question.....

COMC Question.....
So did I just never notice before, or has COMC gotten as bad as ebay with ridiculous initial asking prices? I don't visit the site very often, but I don't remember it being that bad. Maybe that's just the norm now, but I don't even bother negotiating. If the COMC price is higher than I want to pay, or the Ebay BIN is higher than I will pay, I don't bother. I don't feel like negotiating a card's price over emails, I don't have time for that.... Either you have a price I am willing to pay, or you don't. Has COMC always been that bad, or is it the new trend?

RE: COMC Question.....
I've always found it a bit hit and miss when it comes to prices much like ebay. Sellers on comc rarely seem to want to negotiate, so I just don't frequent it as much as I do ebay. Mostly just stick to auctions nowadays. Don't feel like haggling anymore. It's my price or bye bye... Big Grin
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Its the new trend. Since the change its become more seller based Or SV (imaginary more then on ebay sales) based then buyer. Sellers can put any price they want knowing that folks can no longer see bvs. Thus hopefully ripping off the noobs that don't have an opg sub or mag. As for the making offers there are no emails they just accept or counter which sometimes takes days. And to add more to the problem they now add a quarter to the prices for "shipping". They tried to explain it but it made no sense at all. But between them and ebay I would still go with them. At least with them I can send in my cards and get cash towards Pc Cards I want. But either way COMC became greedy and its starting to effect them. Just part of the business i guess.

Oh one example. I wanted 2 emmitts for my dad. They were priced $1.37 and the other $0.63. $2 total. So I offered the seller bja613 $1.50 for the 2. Guy declined. Then changed the prices so that even if you make an offer you would still end up paying the $2. Now I know the guy is free to sell them at any price they want. But he manipulated the system so that the next person won't know that their deal isn't really a deal after all.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(01-12-2013, 04:05 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Its the new trend. Since the change its become more seller based Or SV (imaginary more then on ebay sales) based then buyer. Sellers can put any price they want knowing that folks can no longer see bvs. Thus hopefully ripping off the noobs that don't have an opg sub or mag. As for the making offers there are no emails they just accept or counter which sometimes takes days. And to add more to the problem they now add a quarter to the prices for "shipping". They tried to explain it but it made no sense at all. But between them and ebay I would still go with them. At least with them I can send in my cards and get cash towards Pc Cards I want. But either way COMC became greedy and its starting to effect them. Just part of the business i guess.
THAT'S IT. You nailed it on the head, I didn't even realize that there are no longer BVs on there. That is most definitely what changed it I think. Too bad too, guess I have made my last purchase at COMC...

I sign in and I can see BV's, also all purchases made at the new site is $3.00 flat rate shipping. If you made purchases at the old site and haven't had them ship yet like I do then yes you have to pay the inflated shipping costs.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

Yeah, I do see BVs too actually. So I guess it is just the new trend. Oh well.

I don't think it's too bad for buying commons. I don't ever make large purchases there but I have found its nice that you can buy a lot of commons for pretty decent prices.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I think its a great site to get the base of the players you collect because shipping is a lot cheaper than picking them all up separately on the bay.

I have found a few sweet low numbered cards on there for my PC, but I agree on the whole waiting on offers, you think people would actually want to move their cards being they pay a monthly fee and all... But it's not like eBay has all the delusional sellers as well these days... Everybody thinks they are sitting on a gold mine...

(01-12-2013, 05:12 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Yeah, I do see BVs too actually. So I guess it is just the new trend. Oh well.
Yep but remember that you don't have to be a member to buy anymore. And those are the folks getting the shaft
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37