`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Miss Masters' Spoofy Tunes

Miss Masters' Spoofy Tunes
I bought a box of cards at a local card shop, and I am just trying to find out some more information on them. They are copyrighted by Pamema Marketed Ltd. from Ontario, Canada, Called "Butthedz Trading Cards presents... Miss Masters' Spoofy Tunes Series 1". They feature Canadian artist Dave Dawson depicting celebrities in unflattering ways. It is a 55 card set with 2 chase cards, one of which is autographed by Dave Dawson. I tried looking this company up and can't find out if they ever produced anything else. From what I can gather the company dissolved in 2004, and I can't find anything on the artist Dave Dawson. If anybody has anything to share about these cards I would love to know. Thanks!

RE: Miss Masters' Spoofy Tunes
(01-11-2013, 07:40 PM)Resirek Wrote: I bought a box of cards at a local card shop, and I am just trying to find out some more information on them. They are copyrighted by Pamema Marketed Ltd. from Ontario, Canada, Called "Butthedz Trading Cards presents... Miss Masters' Spoofy Tunes Series 1". They feature Canadian artist Dave Dawson depicting celebrities in unflattering ways. It is a 55 card set with 2 chase cards, one of which is autographed by Dave Dawson. I tried looking this company up and can't find out if they ever produced anything else. From what I can gather the company dissolved in 2004, and I can't find anything on the artist Dave Dawson. If anybody has anything to share about these cards I would love to know. Thanks!
Hah! I thought I was the only person on this site with that set. I picked it up quite a few years ago and I remember looking around for more stuff from Butthedz, but I couldn't find anything. However, now that I know someone else has some of these cards I think I'll go ahead and add it to the Beckett database. In the meantime, I'll do some digging around for more info. Let us know if you discover anything new on the mysterious Miss Masters.
Bryan Hornbeck
Senior Market Analyst
Beckett Media

the miss masters card set was originally called miss manners
there was an original press run of this card set
there was a copyright,cease and desist
the product became miss masters.
I gave david full miss manners press sheets should they be of any value some day.
dave was a graphic designer here in Toronto with his own brand of humour.
david still lives in Toronto
this was his address when I knew him..my name is ed turon...
David Dawson (416) 481-7455 66 Broadway Ave Toronto ON M4P 1T6
pamema marketing was ray may
believe it was on magnetic drive
forget the name of the parent company.
ray may, had a part ownwership in a sports card company and developed that into a profitable venture
before miss manners,ray may created a clipstrip program of recipe card sets
called dream cuisine
miss manners was an all go and with the name miss manners the humour of the cards takes on a whole new twist
the miss manners cards were printed, all were happy and then a cease and decist.big let down.they tried to salvage the cards with the miss masters name change.
it was a crash,ray decided enough and sold the comp
any and inventory to a niagara falls based business,canada.
I believe he retained miss masters that just shrivelled after an initial distribution.
the name miss masters had no traction.
had it remained miss manners,it would of taken off...In my opinion.

Wow, Salonist! Nice background coverage!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.