`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
semi-recent high-end box??

semi-recent high-end box??
So, I had a slight windfall this semester as I'm only taking 6 credits and got some scholarship money refunded.

I am done with all boxes that aren't either 90's products I like or newer products that have the potential for an MJ auto and am considering picking up a nice high-end box to bust.

I'm currently looking at 2007-08 Chronology as there are beautiful cards in there, including that MJ auto portrait of his dunk-competition dunk that is one of the best-looking cards ever, IMHO. Obviously, at a minimum of $400 for that box in all likelihood, it's VERY high-risk, but I just love busting the wax.

Are there any other newer high-end boxes you guys would suggest or recommend? Thanks for your input in advance Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: semi-recent high-end box??
Ud premier 07/08 or 08/09, upper deck black very nice mj's in both sets

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos

The aforementioned 2007-08 Chronology would be a good choice, although it might have some expired redemptions in it (I'm not sure though). 2008-09 UD Black would be another excellent choice, although you get very few cards per box (two, I think).

Any Exquisite release would obviously be good too!

You might want to buy those Mitch Richmond refractors I showed you instead, LOL
[Image: Sig_zps7c9cccea.jpg]

(01-10-2013, 05:45 AM)Troubless Wrote: You might want to buy those Mitch Richmond refractors I showed you instead, LOL
Haha well throw me an offer then! I still don't know if I'll be able to justify spending what those go for on Richmonds, but if the deal is right I'll consider it.

I need to watch some box breaks before I make up my mind, but I appreciate the input from everyone!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

Exquisites are nice looking cards but something about so few cards in a box just takes the fun out of it.SO expensive too, I'd rather an 86-87 fleer pack at that price!

I say go back into the 90s. Double down and rip the topps chrome Smile

(01-10-2013, 11:37 AM)user_3n5kp Wrote: Exquisites are nice looking cards but something about so few cards in a box just takes the fun out of it.SO expensive too, I'd rather an 86-87 fleer pack at that price!

I say go back into the 90s. Double down and rip the topps chrome Smile

haha the 96-97 chrome? I remember when those came out. Retail-only, nobody knew what to make of them. Could've had a whole box for $50. Now they're $800. Talk about 20/20 hindsight.

I'm not sure if I can spend THAT much on a box, especially with no MJ auto, or even big hits aside from a base refractor. Obviously the Kobes are the chase cards there. It would be fun though for sure!

I will say it one more time and then shut up for good. Instead of spending 400+ on a box and most likely striking out, take that $400 and invest it into a nice MJ auto (as you were talking about in another thread). That way the $400 you spend you could actually get back someday if you decided to sell the MJ auto you bought. With the box (not that you are completly like this) but you will most likely not get even close back to what you paid....just my thoughts....not right or wrong....just a suggestion Smile

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(01-10-2013, 02:53 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: I will say it one more time and then shut up for good. Instead of spending 400+ on a box and most likely striking out, take that $400 and invest it into a nice MJ auto (as you were talking about in another thread). That way the $400 you spend you could actually get back someday if you decided to sell the MJ auto you bought. With the box (not that you are completly like this) but you will most likely not get even close back to what you paid....just my thoughts....not right or wrong....just a suggestion Smile

You are absolutely, 100%, non-arguably right...which is why I'm hoping to do both since I got a little Christmas cash too :-D

OK. 07-08 Chronology is out. There are two redemptions per box that have long since expired. Not sure if I can fork over the even higher prices for Exquisite so perhaps I'll go high-end old school. Still haven't decided.

I'm also hitting a card show on Saturday so if I find something awesome there that may take the cake.

As always any more opinions are welcomed!