`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE

CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
Please don't shoot the messenger -just passing the word we got from Beckett. I've already responded voicing my personal displeasure, but being the weekend I'm not sure how quickly anyone can/will respond.

In the meantime, I'd like to try to productively brainstorm any sort of "best practices" people can come up with to work around the issue...

anyway here it is:

While we work on updates for Organize, Trade, and the performance issue, we are trying to promote some tweaks to help in the meantime. We made a change which we hope will help speed up page loads a bit. The feature which greyed out the Add To Organize icon in search results when the item is already in a customer's organize was creating duplicate search in the database, which could be contributing to the slowness people are experiencing.

We took away the feature which greys out the Add To Organize icon. So now, when a member gets search results back on beckett.com, all of the Add To Organize icons will be clickable. If a member adds an item to Organize that is already there, they will receive a message that the item was successfully but it will not create a duplicate of the item in Organize. It is the same scenario when a customer adds multiple items to Organize and some of the items selected are already in Organize. It adds the ones not in Organize, and simply doesn't do anything regarding the ones that are already in Organize.

I hope that makes sense, and we're hoping customers can experience a little bit of improvement on the site

There's a bit more discussion already on the baseball board at this thread:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1522868.html

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

RE: CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
bump: folks, if you use the org and opg, you need to read this

Id rather have a slow site rather than taking away a much used featured. Once again Beckett has failed!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Im ok with it. Whatever it was that was causing the site to be slow made it next to impossible to add cards anyway. I dont ever even recall seeing it greyed out but regardless if it doesnt duplicate then no problem for me. It doesnt hurt me to go "Oh that was already in there" and add a 2 in the haves column. Faster site better for me!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-06-2013, 08:06 AM)branesergen Wrote: Im ok with it. Whatever it was that was causing the site to be slow made it next to impossible to add cards anyway. I dont ever even recall seeing it greyed out but regardless if it doesnt duplicate then no problem for me. It doesnt hurt me to go "Oh that was already in there" and add a 2 in the haves column. Faster site better for me!

when i was adding cards it literally took 3-4 mins a card to add to my org.... was driving me insane....

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

the problem is: it isnt making it faster

also: it increases the number of searches, because folks have to check org first, then search opg

it's a completely dumbassed decision
(01-06-2013, 07:39 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Id rather have a slow site rather than taking away a much used featured. Once again Beckett has failed!
just a small large point: we should have to choose with losing functionality and speed

Made it 1000 times faster for me. Like Phins said it would take 3-4 minutes to add a card with many many times freezing up completely. For me I know most of whats in my opg and if im adding a ton of cards, say topps chrome as I have bought several at a time multiple times, I go thru my org by seperation before I add new ones thereby eliminating a second search. Takes me about 10 minutes to seperate 3 boxes and about another 15 to go thru and add the ones already in my org.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

no biggie to us ..... would rather have speed than a lil' grey Smile

sites been a dog on our end, one reason we don't contribute much, and since we have most of our PC memorized it's no big deal.

That was actually one of my favorite features of the site, so I am crushed. I can't believe there is no other way to improve things. At least suggest this one thing: IF site performance doesn't significantly improve over the next week please bring this feature back!
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

i guess we'll see how this goes..thanks for the heads up CEO
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95