`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What a Jordan Rookie. How do I know which is real and fake?

What a Jordan Rookie. How do I know which is real and fake?
I know i should just buy a graded one but I don't like graded cards. I am interested in purchasing a 86-87 Fleer of Jordan. What are the differences between the real ones and the fake ones. Anybody have any helpful clues so I make the right purchase.

RE: What a Jordan Rookie. How do I know which is real and fake?
(01-04-2013, 02:11 PM)corbins sports cards Wrote: I know i should just buy a graded one but I don't like graded cards. I am interested in purchasing a 86-87 Fleer of Jordan. What are the differences between the real ones and the fake ones. Anybody have any helpful clues so I make the right purchase.
...you could always just buy a graded one and break the case! Atleast then you know you're getting the real deal. I know on some of the fakes the Bulls logo is a different size than that of a real one, but just go graded and take a hammer to it Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

If its not graded, you can bet its fake. Youll be right 98% of the time. Ive seen maybe two real ones not graded in the past. Even the ungraded ones sell high, so you are better off just getting a graded one and busting it out. Although I dont know why you would want to.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

You can google to see the fake examples. But it's hard to tell the difference based off a picture.

The latest one that many people overlook and I dont think the site covers, is the border on both the front and back. Real ones have a nice thick border, while the fakes have a super thin border to get the Registered "R" into the red to give the illusion its real from checking alll the other giveaways.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]