`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant…

Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant…
Is it me, or am I off base with In The Game and their latest release, The History of Hockey? For my Ron Hextall collection, there are 22 cards in the set and 20 of them are 1/1. But, I have them all from their original years. Does it make sense that ITG bought (or maybe printed one more?) of all the cards I already have. The only two “new” cards are the Hextall Scores a Goal, silver and gold versions. Have the silver by the way, need the gold.

I have trouble rapping my head around bidding, purchasing and/or trading for all these cards I “need” and already have. The 1/1 ITG cards make me wonder about the actual print run. For instance, 2006-07 ITG Shooting Gallery had an announced print run of 30 silver and 10 gold. Does that mean ITG printed at least 31, or did they find one card and now there are only 29 in the set? The card (1812/4000 for those keeping track) went on eBay for $98.00, but I just watched it roll by, as I have two or three other Hextall cards. I could have had it for that price, but, I already have it.

If ITG reprints, pulls from storage or acquires a card, puts in a slab with a label on top, does that make it a new card? To me, it seems like a rerun. I have about 1200 Ron Hextall cards, but I will be passing on the 20 “new” cards offered up by ITG. I am curious to what other folks think, especially those of us who, primarily, focus on one or two players.

I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas (Dickens language) and will have a prosperous New Year. It would also be neat if NHL hockey started up…

End of the rant, thanks.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

RE: Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant…
I have not heard good things about this set. I think you are just with your rant on the 1/1's. What makes it a 1/1 in ITG eyes if it's the same card as before? Just labeled different on the slab? It would be interesting to see how they came about those.

There was another thread that somebody was annoyed at the 1/1 because it was supposed to be an orginal artwork, but next to another 1/1 it was almost the same, just a stroke mark or something mundane was different.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(12-27-2012, 01:43 PM)dam1057 Wrote: Is it me, or am I off base with In The Game and their latest release, The History of Hockey? For my Ron Hextall collection, there are 22 cards in the set and 20 of them are 1/1. But, I have them all from their original years. Does it make sense that ITG bought (or maybe printed one more?) of all the cards I already have. The only two “new” cards are the Hextall Scores a Goal, silver and gold versions. Have the silver by the way, need the gold.

I have trouble rapping my head around bidding, purchasing and/or trading for all these cards I “need” and already have. The 1/1 ITG cards make me wonder about the actual print run. For instance, 2006-07 ITG Shooting Gallery had an announced print run of 30 silver and 10 gold. Does that mean ITG printed at least 31, or did they find one card and now there are only 29 in the set? The card (1812/4000 for those keeping track) went on eBay for $98.00, but I just watched it roll by, as I have two or three other Hextall cards. I could have had it for that price, but, I already have it.

If ITG reprints, pulls from storage or acquires a card, puts in a slab with a label on top, does that make it a new card? To me, it seems like a rerun. I have about 1200 Ron Hextall cards, but I will be passing on the 20 “new” cards offered up by ITG. I am curious to what other folks think, especially those of us who, primarily, focus on one or two players.

I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas (Dickens language) and will have a prosperous New Year. It would also be neat if NHL hockey started up…

End of the rant, thanks.

I'm pretty sure all they did was buy back one of their own cards and threw it into a 1/1 slab. Atleast that better be how it is lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Very good rant. And I agree with you, and also just as confused as you are. I am a Brett Hull collector, and have wondered the same thing.

I feel your pain. I am not sure how they are going to list these cards in OPG, there are 30 Forsberg rc buy backs plus countless other cards. I am only counting the art card, "gold medal goal" as the only two cards in the set (silver/gold)

I am actually watching listings looking for buybacks from 02-03 and earlier. Should I win any, I will take a hammer to the slab and take the cards out.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

i know a few player/team collectors who just threw this set out for the list of cards to what they want for they pcs
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

This product had so much potential and just fell flat. Those are no more 1/1 than any other card that someone randomly slabs.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

The cards are buybacks. They did NOT print any new cards. So if a card had a previous print run of 30, they purchased one of them from the secondary market - stuck it in a slab and tagged it with a new label.

[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.