`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Topps Platinum

Topps Platinum
Hey collectors... Need a little help for a novice.

My mother-in-law bought me a box of the 2012 Topps Platinum last night. I opened them up and have a question.

Some of the cards (for example, #1 Calvin Johnson) have a regular card and then I have an identical regular #1 but it is thicker. I have many of these? What is it? I looked under Becket price guides and it doesn't have anything listed (as far as I can tell).

I am not familiar with Topps.. I mostly have the Bowman Chromes and they have 'refractor' written on the back or a number system like 120/350 for the special cards... What does Platinum do?

Bowrag

RE: Topps Platinum
red refractors
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

(12-25-2012, 11:10 AM)lcollins1998 Wrote: red refractors
AHA! I see the red in the background now! DUH.. thanks

The thicker stock cards, which should have been roughly one per pack, are actually decoy cards. They put them in the packs that do not contain a thicker memorabilia card, to confuse pack searchers. While other companies just put blank "slugs" in packs to fool searchers, Topps actually makes them as a parallel of the base set.....I think they are classified as "RUBY" parallels.

(12-25-2012, 11:10 AM)lcollins1998 Wrote: red refractors

The Red Refractors are serial numbered x/25.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

reds sounds like
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK