`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If you could have a conversation with the owner of your favorite/local team

If you could have a conversation with the owner of your favorite/local team
If you could have one nice long conversation, say a lunch meeting, with the owner of your favorite / local team, what would you want to say to them?

I think mine might go something like this :

To Ralph Wilson, owner of the Buffalo Bills :

"Ralph, I'll always respect you for taking a chance on Buffalo. The fans love the team, and it was become the very fabric from which native Buffalonians have sewn their identities. (let me just say at some point I'd probably ask him to autograph something for me)

But, I've seen the same movie you did. It was called "Major League". You remember it. The one about the owner who trades or just plain gives / chases away anybody and everybody who is good on the team. The one where the owner does everything in her power to destroy the fanbase of the team, so they can move it somewhere else.

Remember the sequel, where the "Hot New Phenom"got a swelled head, a BIG payday, and suddenly forgot how to play?( Fitzy, I'm lookin' at you) Or how players that were let go by the team came back to constantly bite them in the backside (Beast Mode anybody?)

One more thing sir. Your team plays in a 40 year old open top stadium, in an area where the snow and wind bury lesser creatures, not to be found until the spring thaw. The temperature in Buffalo, in the deadest of winter, can get WELL below freezing , at the WARMEST part of the day!

Let's look at your most recent Quarterbacks:

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Born -Gilbert, ARIZONA
Trent Edwards - Born - Los Gatos, CALIFORNIA
Johnathan Paul Losman - Born Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
Rob Johnson - Born - Newport Beach, CALIFORNIA

Even your lowly back-up guys:

Brian Brohm - Born -Louisville, KENTUCKY
Kelly Holcomb - Born - Fayetteville, TENNESSEE

Now lets compare that to the last 2 QBs that actually took your team to the Playoffs....Let's see..

1998 and 1999 - Wild Card appearances
Doug Flutie (with Johnson as back-up) - Born - Manchester MARYLAND (Lived in Boston, Mass,- Pronounced BAAS-tin,MAAAS - since the age of 14)

1988,1989,1990,1991,1992,1993, 1995,and 1996
Jim Kelly - Born - Pittsburgh, PENNSYLVANIA

Even look at the "next man up" during those Kelly years:
1995 and 1996
Todd Collins - Born - Walpole, Massachusetts
1985-1994
Frank Reich - Born - Freeport, New York

Please, for my sake, draft your next Qb from somewhere that he might be used to Buffalo winters....like Pluto, or at least Neptune..I'll settle for Nunavut

Thank You, and you're the man....."

Okay, I'm tired, and this got alittle crazy and picky, but it's about right.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: If you could have a conversation with the owner of your favorite/local team
Man I would tell Jed York that they have been doing an awesome job! Id say that I was proud of them for paying their players very well as they were able to keep their best players through the years that they sucked and now its finally paying off. All the while the team still has plenty of salary cap room. Id say giving Jim Harbaugh a fat paycheck was the best move they have made and I would try to stress how important it is that they try and retain Alex Smith even if he isnt starting. Then I would ask if he knew Jerry Rices phone number and if they had any spare tickets I could have haha.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

All I'd say to Bill Bidwell is that he needs to step down so they can bring in an owner who actually cares.

Keep loosing!! I am a Dallas fan in the Washington DC area but if I were to talk to Danny I would have to tell him to let the coaches and managers handle the game and he could just stay with the finances. seams to be working with the current coach.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

(12-18-2012, 06:44 PM)rburkett Wrote: Keep loosing!! I am a Dallas fan in the Washington DC area but if I were to talk to Danny I would have to tell him to let the coaches and managers handle the game and he could just stay with the finances. seams to be working with the current coach.
+111111111111 Being a Skins fan I agree but He did grow up a lifelong Skins Fan and he is willing to spend money to get the players here hasnt worked but the draft did us well
Photobucket

I'm a Lions fan. I would ask the Fords for a new defensive coordinator, and to concentrate on nothing but defense in the draft/free agency this offseason.

Seriously ... 38-10 to the Cardinals?

I would tell the current Brown family member (Bengals ownership) to do what ever it takes to get a true left tackle who's got a serious mean streak so that Mr. short arms Whitworth can move to left guard.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]