`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
panini black friday

panini black friday
So I got a few of those black Friday packs today. Not really a basketball collector, but i got a Kobe bryant. My question is what the heck is it? It's a pink looking card with what looks like chrome or some type of mirror material on it. There also is no back to printing. Thought it might be a printing plate, but its cardboard. Any ideas what this could be?

RE: panini black friday
It is more of a test card (not really a plate)... there are 4 of each color.... it was mentioned on the Black Friday articles Panini put out..

The moved the link I had the video saved on.... but if you go to their Knights Lance homepage.. click on the first article.. "Panini Unwrapped: 2012 Black Friday Craze Starts Now with Chance to Win Free Packs"

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/

don't forget about their scavenger hunt.. I already found it..
I wonder how ebay sellers are able to sell black friday packs? I thought they were supposed to be free packs to collectors that bought Panini products at their LCS or Approved online venders?

I see one guy selling 50 packs for $399.
same seller has a total of 88 packs for sell.... where did he get them?
can venders/dealers sell Black Friday Packs... I'm out of the loop & didn't read up on them.. just remember last year, they were supposed to be free...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Thanks for the help!

I bought a box of the new Totally Certified release yesterday (haven't opened it yet, sitting in my room, lol...it's a miracle!) and they gave me 5 of those "Black Friday" packs for free. Busted them there and I pulled a card just like your Kobe but it was of the football player, Calvin Johnson Jr. and it was the Yellow version. Also pulled an autograph of a hockey player, from the Stars...I forgot his name. I don't collect football or hockey. Pulled a nice Unibrow card. I will add pics when I take them later on.

But nice pull on the Kobe, better to pull him than someone else, right? lol
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Is there a way to get any black friday packs if your LCS does not have them?

The LCS get a limited supply.. or they sell them off the books... Last year, when I went searching for he Black Friday packs... 3 of my LCS did not have them.. the one that did, got them late.. or at least the son didn't even know about them.. then when I went back the following week, they were tapped to certain boxes.... none were taped to basketball boxes... so the son, once again had to call the owner (dad) & ask them if he can switch some of the packs for me, since I am a loyal customer.. half hour later, I walked out with a $110 box & 5 packs... got nothing valuable... think the LCS only had 20 packs.. & the son said he only sold one box of baseball before me...

I've seen a lot of people trying to sell Black Friday packs online... I wonder where they got them from? Hard to believe they spent a few thousand dollars at a LCS or internet vender to get 50+ packs, then want to turn around & sell them...

more likely (in my opinion).. some dealer/LCS gave them to a friend to sell...

I wonder if Panini gave them to the LCS for free or did the LCS/dealers have to pay a small amount for them?

How does Panini determine how many packs each LCS receives to hand out for free...??
*United States Navy*

(11-23-2012, 05:06 PM)matthew fechter Wrote: So I got a few of those black Friday packs today. Not really a basketball collector, but i got a Kobe bryant. My question is what the heck is it? It's a pink looking card with what looks like chrome or some type of mirror material on it. There also is no back to printing. Thought it might be a printing plate, but its cardboard. Any ideas what this could be?
If I'm not mistaken, it's suppose to be some type of plate (even though it's a card, lol). They make 5 of each color (magenta, yellow, cyan and black). It doesn't suppose to have anything on the back of the card. You actually pulled a decent card from the product.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

they are not plates.. they are test cards or something other.. check out the videos on the Panini website.. don't forget to look for the scavenger hunt... you might be able to win free stuff...

I thought I heard there were four(4) of each color, but I might of mistaken.. I only watched the video once, then went to find the hidden easter egg... found it within about 4 minutes.. can't wait for the results.. I hope I win!!
*United States Navy*

Good luck, hope you win the contest
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv