`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ebay question: legit for seller to cancel sale?

ebay question: legit for seller to cancel sale?
So, I recently won an auction on an A&G no number Miguel Cabrera. I think the winning bid was around $3.00, which was a good deal for me (my max bid was probably double that). Anyway, after the auction ends, I receive a notification (without explanation) that the seller wants to cancel the auction. I've never had this happen before, so I choose to "decline" and instead I pay for the item. Then, this morning, I receive a notification that the seller refunded me my money. S/he also sent a note that said, "sorry, I have too much into this card. Can't sell for that price."

Have you guys had this happen, either as a buyer or seller? I understand where the seller is coming from, but to me, that's part of the deal. You put an item up for auction with no reserve and you take a chance. It annoys me a little that I lost this item through no fault of my own and could've tried to bid on another one instead.

-Also, I didn't snipe this card, or put in my bid with a minute to go, or anything like that. Saw a card I wanted, put in my max bid, didn't monitor the auction, and just waited. The card was accurately described and included a photo (so it wasn't mis-listed or anything).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Messages In This Thread
ebay question: legit for seller to cancel sale? - by uvaspina - 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM