`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"...

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"...
I mean don't get me wrong. I started collecting by buying these lots (to get more cards for cheap) and I actually found a few decent cards in them on occasion. One time I got a derek jeter rookie in decent condition. I've gotten Ozzie smith, Johnny bench, ken griffey jr. rookies.

But that was a couple years back, some things just aren't the same
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

(11-12-2012, 09:15 AM)jlandry287 Wrote: I mean don't get me wrong. I started collecting by buying these lots (to get more cards for cheap) and I actually found a few decent cards in them on occasion. One time I got a derek jeter rookie in decent condition. I've gotten Ozzie smith, Johnny bench, ken griffey jr. rookies.

But that was a couple years back, some things just aren't the same
there are still good ones out there - guys that have been doing it for say, 10 years running and have the longest running most successful "dutch style" auction in ebay history. there are a few honest ones left

but none of them run "divorce sales"

If it is "divorce sale" I can guarentee it is a scam.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I actually ordered a few lots off a "Dutch style" auction (only $5) and they should arrive tomorrow so I'm pretty excited! Will post what I get!!

When I started collecting again at the beginning of this year, after 10+ years off, I saw "dads old cards" auctions. I saw in the pictures that it was packs of 80s-90s cards. I thought oh cool those are the ones I used to buy. But I thought about it and realized I had most of the cards I wanted from those years and after a few days on Beckett the bigger realization that even the hits of those packs are pretty much worthless along with the cards I already own. They are cheap. They do sell. They have their place, but the people who think they know what they're getting and are happy with what they get are a select few.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

A couple years ago a friend of mine bought me 5 lots of these off of eBay thinking they would be a great gift. I was literally up to my elbows in late 80s Donruss blues and reds and 91 Fleer Yellows after opening. I pulled out about 10 cards I wanted and the rest are used as fillers. I have been collecting since 1972 and I am pretty much beyond this stuff. I guess it's the thought that counts.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

I saw one of these just last night that was labeled something like "Dad's Old Baseball Cards"....problem was, all the unopened boxes they were flaunting as the find of the century, were all late 80's-early 90's stuff. I mean, they even bothered to take a separate picture of a single unopened box of 1993 Triple Play.

It's a hoax that they think will entice people to buy. They clearly don't know what they're doing.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(11-13-2012, 10:18 AM)acevanquish Wrote: When I started collecting again at the beginning of this year, after 10+ years off, I saw "dads old cards" auctions. I saw in the pictures that it was packs of 80s-90s cards. I thought oh cool those are the ones I used to buy. But I thought about it and realized I had most of the cards I wanted from those years and after a few days on Beckett the bigger realization that even the hits of those packs are pretty much worthless along with the cards I already own. They are cheap. They do sell. They have their place, but the people who think they know what they're getting and are happy with what they get are a select few.
hahahahahahaha love the signature!