`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Keep Pulling Too Many Autos of Anthony Davis!

I Keep Pulling Too Many Autos of Anthony Davis!
So, about three weeks ago I pulled this out of some retail Prestige packs:

[Image: Unibrow2.jpg]

Then, yesterday, I grabbed a couple of boxes of Threads from the LCS and pulled this:

[Image: AnthonyFront.jpg]

I am looking to trade the Threads auto for the same one of Kyrie Irving.

Let me know, thanks, RJ

RE: I Keep Pulling Too Many Autos of Anthony Davis!
Those are pretty sick!

(11-09-2012, 12:29 AM)shaunbaus Wrote: Those are pretty sick!
Thank you ... having one Davis and one Kyrie would be even sicker ...

(11-09-2012, 12:34 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thank you ... having one Davis and one Kyrie would be even sicker ...
I don't know much about him, but seeing that everyone is amped about the kid: pretty cool. Don't know which of the two I prefer, the first has better quality images but is a sticker and the second is quite condition sensitive but on-card and reminds me of the 1998 Hardcourt cards.

I prefer the second. If I didn't have a financial endeavor I was trying to reach right now I'd be trying to get the ones of Brandon Knight and Andre Drummond. But as soon as I do reach that endeavor, I do plan on trying to grab them. Love the look of those cards.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Looks like you are a unofficial Anthony Davis collector!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

I'm not a fan of the Threads, it looks poorly designed in my eyes. It's just a picture of their face and it looks as if the autograph bleeds onto the card. Even though Prestige is a sticker auto, it's much better designed overall, imo.

But that's just sick you pulled another Davis from buying some packs of Threads. I've busted 2 boxes of Hoops and 2 of Prestige but will definitely not bust any Threads, just don't like the design at all. However, I hear there are Anthony Mason memorabilia cards in it... Smile I will be picking those up!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Very cool man

(11-09-2012, 03:53 AM)folkertino Wrote: I don't know much about him, but seeing that everyone is amped about the kid: pretty cool. Don't know which of the two I prefer, the first has better quality images but is a sticker and the second is quite condition sensitive but on-card and reminds me of the 1998 Hardcourt cards.
I actually like the first one better ... three reasons: one, the odds of pulling it out of some totally random retail packs has to be astronomical; I prefer cards where the photo of the player itself takes up most of the card; and three — and I know I am in the minority on this subject around here — I don't really have a preference between sticker and on-card autos.

I mean, I get that most people prefer on-card because they know it's player-touched, but at the same time, since most (none?) of us never saw any of them sign either the cards or the stickers, to me, what does it matter?

Plus, in this specific case — in my opinion — the quality of the auto is much better on the sticker.

Fuller sig, and it pops much more vibrantly than the wood card ... plus, no "bleed" potential.

I'm more than happy to take a Kyrie Prestige sticker auto for the Threads Unibrow auto LOL
(11-09-2012, 07:23 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I prefer the second. If I didn't have a financial endeavor I was trying to reach right now I'd be trying to get the ones of Brandon Knight and Andre Drummond. But as soon as I do reach that endeavor, I do plan on trying to grab them. Love the look of those cards.
Jason, what is going on with the Pistons? They should be MUCH better considering all that lottery talent on their team.

As for the wood autos, they are much better looking in person than in the scans ... the "distressed" look is very cool.
(11-09-2012, 11:01 AM)htowntigger Wrote: Looks like you are a unofficial Anthony Davis collector!
LOL, yeah, I guess ... I was thinking about it today, Davis was the Wooden Player of the Year (same as Heisman in football); played on a national champ at Kentucky; was the No. 1 pick of the draft; and was on the gold medal winning Olympic team, all in the same year.

Has that actually ever been done before?

I mean, even Jordan (if I'm not mistaken) was the player of the year, national champ and a gold medal winner, but was the No. 3 pick in the draft.

Either way, I like to diversify my collection, that's why I'm leaning toward a Kyrie.
(11-09-2012, 11:26 AM)vgqv Wrote: I'm not a fan of the Threads, it looks poorly designed in my eyes. It's just a picture of their face and it looks as if the autograph bleeds onto the card. Even though Prestige is a sticker auto, it's much better designed overall, imo.

But that's just sick you pulled another Davis from buying some packs of Threads. I've busted 2 boxes of Hoops and 2 of Prestige but will definitely not bust any Threads, just don't like the design at all. However, I hear there are Anthony Mason memorabilia cards in it... Smile I will be picking those up!
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either, but I do like the fact that they got guys like Nash, Howard and Allen in their new unis ... did you happen to pull the Jeremy Lin Floor Generals (Rockets uni) insert by any chance?
(11-09-2012, 11:26 AM)mtadams2 Wrote: Very cool man
Thank you very much ... at first when I saw the teal strip on the bottom I was kind of hoping it was Austin Rivers so that I'd have the PG-C combo with the Davis Prestige auto, but I definitely wasn't complaining LOL

(11-09-2012, 07:45 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Jason, what is going on with the Pistons? They should be MUCH better considering all that lottery talent on their team.

As for the wood autos, they are much better looking in person than in the scans ... the "distressed" look is very cool.
Well with the first three games, I won't put the blame on him (meaning it wasn't really his play), but when Stuckey only shoots 1 for 23 (or 27, can't remember), that's horrible. 1) It's missed field goals, but 2) with nobody scoring from the perimeter, people were going hard on Monroe.

The last two games, it's been rebounding issues and porous defense.

And this isn't a problem now, but it will be if not addressed soon. Max has been playing great...for Max. But he's a backup PF, not starter quality. Eventually we need to start Drummond at C and Monroe at PF. That will be the defensive presence we need, because our guards can't seem to stay in front of their man. Also, I'd love to see Jerebko starting over Prince. I love Prince, I do, but he's not starter quality anymore. He's lost more than a step and never been very offensive. I think he'd be best in limited minutes. Believe me, I could go on and on all day about what this team needs to do. I don't necessarily put everything on Frank though, but if he starts 0-16 like he did in NJ, he needs to get out. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards