`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Jordan Pick-up (Mark and See)

Odd Jordan Pick-up (Mark and See)
I told myself that I was going to wait till I sold some cards before I started to buy again but I found this odd card and didn't want to pass it up. If it's something I have never seen before I like to try and grab it.

This card I picked up for just over $20. Not sure if that was a good deal or not. Does anyone have any information on this card???

[Image: KGrHqRlQFBg4Sm1SBQk0qIGEQ60_57.jpg]

-The things I do know are that it came from a kids books from for the 1992 Dream Team.

[Image: KGrHqZHJCYFIo-260mBQN8phWOQ60_3.jpg]
(NOT MINE)

-There are only a few graded by BGS (6) with the highest being BGS9.
-One sold for almost $150 but that was a PSA10 and was from the high seller
How rare is it to find these things?
Any other information would be a great help. Thanks
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: Odd Jordan Pick-up (Mark and See)
I've seen a few before but wondered myself. Nice grab for only 20 bucks. How that only got a 9 is baffling.

(11-07-2012, 12:03 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I've seen a few before but wondered myself. Nice grab for only 20 bucks. How that only got a 9 is baffling.
That's what I was thinking as well. $20? Why not? It will look nice next to the original Skybox USA card. I guess it would be hard to grade because of the perforated edges.

I was able to pick up both books from a used bookstore online after a couple months of searching for it. There is group photo in the books that is one long card where the original skybox set split it up into 3 cards. I just know I was happy to find them and not have to look any further.

[Image: 1991-92SkyBoxMarkandSeeMinis544545546.jpg]
[Image: 1991-92SkyBoxMarkandSeeMinis544545546B.jpg]

(11-07-2012, 12:28 PM)bballkm32 Wrote: I was able to pick up both books from a used bookstore online after a couple months of searching for it. There is group photo in the books that is one long card where the original skybox set split it up into 3 cards. I just know I was happy to find them and not have to look any further.
Thanks for the information. I wouldn't mind having one of those group shots. Nice find in a bookstore btw.

Great pick up!! For a BGS-9...that's a great price!
Of course these are MINI cards...and smaller than a normal card. 5 players per book and one long card.

Here is the photo of the other longer card from the other book (same size as the Barcelona card above).
[Image: 100_0216.jpg]

Link to other photos in the set:
http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326...e%20Minis/
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(11-07-2012, 01:50 PM)odditycards Wrote: Great pick up!! For a BGS-9...that's a great price!
Of course these are MINI cards...and smaller than a normal card. 5 players per book and one long card.
Thanks for the information and the photo of the other long card.

I would't think many of these cards servived being from a kids book and the book coming with markers!

Nope! Fairly hard to come by!
Even worse to find...the 1992-93 Fleer Mark-and-see cards!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Nice addition
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

$20? Great pick-up! And it is in beautiful condition. Only a 9? I think you deserve a 9.5, but it always hard for me to tell those perforated cards.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.